Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Display Issues on Samsung Galaxy A54 and A52S: Seeking an Explanation

(Topic created on: 30-06-2023 08:29 AM)
AntennaJobs
Explorer
Options

Since I'm not getting any help from Samsung support regarding this issue, let me ask you here; maybe someone knows what could be the problem.

So, "mobile operator 1" (the name is not relevant to this story) in an area where the signal is normal (all bars on the status bar), on the Samsung Galaxy A54 with the Exynos 1380 chipset, shows the same signal strength as the Samsung Galaxy A52S with the Snapdragon 778G chipset (-80 dBm on both phones). In an area with weaker signal coverage, the same mobile operator, the SG 54 shows a signal strength of -112 dBm, while the SG 52S shows -98 to -105 dBm. So, the stronger signal is displayed.

The authorized service center says everything is fine with the phone (they even find it amusing that I'm asking them about this), and Samsung support only gives me generic answers to reset the phone (even in situations when they know what I'm talking about. In most cases, no matter what I ask, it's as if I'm asking them to disprove Einstein's theory of relativity. They have no idea what I want or what specific information to provide.)

Calls are working fine, and internet speed is good; there are no problems there, only this signal display difference.

Now, I'm wondering if this different (weaker) signal display might not actually be a problem. Is it possible that the SG 54 simply shows the signal in a different way, or that the Exynos modem reads the signal differently compared to the 778G? Or is something else going on? In my research so far, this is the only potential explanation left (unless there's a damaged antenna in the phone, which would be quite unfortunate since I've only had the phone for less than a month, and this has been happening since its first activation).

So, in an area with weaker signal coverage, the SG S54 shows a lower signal level than the A52S. Calls and internet speed are fine, and there are no other differences except for this.

Does anyone perhaps have an explanation?

Thank you very much.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I have had Samsung phone's over time that seem to connect to network signal differently. i.e one held onto signal better than another.

Displayed a better signal.

To determine if this is a hardware problem then I think your already awaee a Samsung Service Centre would need to have hands on.

Would you let us know how you get on please ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AntennaJobs
Explorer
Options

I think I'm onto something. Last night, I noticed that when I have the hotspot enabled and my laptop connected to it, the mobile network signal drastically improves. It went from -110 dBm to -88 dBm. As soon as I turned off the hotspot, the signal strength returned to its previous state. This is probably a bug in OneUI, but I will continue investigating.

0 Likes