Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52s password problems

(Topic created on: 18-05-2022 02:05 PM)
EmmaxJane
Student
Options
My brother just bought a new A52s with a new sim card. He turned the phone on for the first time today and it is asking him for a password even though he didn't set one up and doesn't know it so he can't get into his phone. He has also tried the power button/volume button factory reset trick but that doesn't work, it just takes him back to the lock screen. Does anyone know how he can get into his phone?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ho, was the box sealed? Where did you purchase it from? You could try a reset but must be connected to a PC to do this.
I'm wondering whether this phone has been used and set up with a Google account which hasn't been removed and which you cannot remove without the account info.
0 Likes
EmmaxJane
Student
Options
He got it with a virgin contract and the box came sealed. He has called samsung and they told him about plugging it into a laptop to reset it but that hasn't worked either.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I would suggest going back to Virgin for them to sort this out. A new phone should not have a password and you should not have to mess with it to get it working.
EmmaxJane
Student
Options
Will try that then thanks 🙂
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Find out the default pin code for his network provider SIM card. You should find that on their website but if not use live chat or call them.
0 Likes
EmmaxJane
Student
Options
He has it sorted now thanks. He ended up having to call Virgin and they reset the pin for him to get into the phone.
0 Likes