Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A52S 5G 64MP Main Camera and large files.

(Topic created on: 22-12-2021 09:02 PM)
Judesman
Navigator
Options

I am thinking of buying an A52S 5G.  I  want a good camera and I am concerned about the size of file that a 64MP  picture would create if saved to the phone. I assume that there is an option to take photos in 12MP but does this produce a poorer quality picture. Can anyone with one of these phones help please.

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options

Sorry for the ramble...I hope there was at least a little bit of help in there somewhere 🙂 

If you get stuck, I will screenshot settings or whatever.

When do you expect to be getting a phone ? is it very soon ? if not I could possible go out take a few 64mp images and somehow share them for you to check.

0 Likes
Judesman
Navigator
Options

Thank you for that and the link.

0 Likes
Judesman
Navigator
Options

Ordered from Samsung with delivery mid-December. the phone is for my wife, neither of us very technically minded so might come back to this useful forum. I have seen some pics on the  Gsmarena review. Thanks for your help.

GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options

I hope your wife enjoys the phone.

Hope you and yours have a good week  ahead 

ecosse01
Voyager
Options
It's a cracking phone. The battery is very good and the camera is also surprisingly able. Remember you can add an SD card to have additional storage too. I added a 128Gb card to mine and pointed all photos and videos directly to it.
JH181
Student
Options

I guess it all depends on your definition of a "good picture". I use an A52 as my work phone, and due to the unnecessarily high file size when trying to attach the photos to work reports to my customers I try to use the lowest default resolution/size that I can achieve, and I still have to further shrink the file size of each and every image in my gallery before I can attach them, and the photos still look great to me.

The problem is that Samsung no longer allows you to adjust your resolution to a good size for sharing, so you'll end up burning hours of your life manually editing the images and adjusting the resolution in the gallery, or you'll end up with gigantic files that are hard to attach to most apps or emails.

0 Likes
Judesman
Navigator
Options

That is interesting. This was one of my concerns when i first posted. Is there a facility to reduce the file size in Gallery because I can't find one on my S7. The new A52 hasn't arrived yet.

0 Likes
ecosse01
Voyager
Options
Have you tried the HEIF format for pictures within the camera Advanced Options? Smaller file sizes.
0 Likes
Judesman
Navigator
Options

Thank you.  In view of earlier comments I want to avoid HEIF for the present.

peedoff21
Student
Options

"I am thinking of buying an A52S 5G.  I  want a good camera."

You are looking at the wrong device then. Similarly priced, the Samsung S20 FE is so much better, has optical zoom and produces clear images that can deal with varying light sources without producing blown out highlights.

0 Likes