Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A520f Bottom of screen black/flickering

(Topic created on: 29-11-2020 10:36 PM)
DLong
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have an a520f which recently started flickering at the bottom, but today mostly just turns black so I can't see the bottom of the screen. It fills the space where the menu is. This only started since I updated the software,may be related or not. I haven't dropped it at all lately. What could cause this, and how much do samsung usually charge to look at this? If it's too much, I might just bin it instead 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @DLong 

After a software update I clear the phone's system cache files by turning the phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's system files.

And or back up and factory resetting is another option.

With you saying “ I haven't dropped it at all lately ”  

Does that mean it has been dropped accidentally in the past ? Sometimes issues can arise sometime after an accidental bump or drop.

Accidental damage isn't covered in the manufacturer warranty so Samsung would need hands on to assess the phone and provide a costing.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
DLong
First Poster
Options

It would be probably 6 or 8 weeks since I last dropped it. There were no issues after that until now. The dark/black section appears shortly after the first samsung logo appears at boot, and is there in the recovery menu. I have tried wiping the cache, but not reset though. Is it safe to assume that updates aren't the cause in that case? It may be the case that the ribbon cable connecting the screen may be loose, would that be a possibility? touchscreen still works in that area by the way

0 Likes
AM4N
Voyager
Options
absolutely a possibility
0 Likes