Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52 incoming calls go directly to voice mail

(Topic created on: 09-09-2022 11:06 PM)
JustBIM
Student
Options

Hi,

I have this issue since last month after only 6 months using it. I live in USA and I bougth it on-line through Walmart from a shop located in New York. I changed SIM, reset it to factory settings but the same. I take it to a local authorized repair center and they told it's a problem with the antenna (it works well on 3G) and I should send it to Samsung USA which I did. Now, after they accepting my phone they told me it is no covered by warranty in USA because it is an "international version" (?). I called Samsung Latinoamerica and they told me this phone is not on their system so they could not help me. What can I do? Where to send my phone for repairing because it is only 7 months of use. To Europe?, to Africa? Who is responsible for malfunctioning of this phone which covered for a 1 year warranty? 

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
CarlH
Options

Hi @JustBIM. Our phones are manufactured for specific regions and the warranty is too. As you purchased your phone from a third party retailer, it would be best to contact them directly to see if they can confirm the region it was manufactured for. 

0 Likes
JustBIM
Student
Options

Thank you for answering. I think that whatever region it was made for, mine worked perfectly well during 6 months on USA with no substantial change in the phone, so I can not explain why it suddenly started to not receiving calls or send them to voice mail.  No substantial change in the network that I'm was aware of, either.

0 Likes
Torch59937
Journeyman
Options

That is exactly what I just found out regarding my A52s. I have had it since early June and it worked fine; WIFI, WFI calling, LTE etc, and when the August up[date downloaded and installed, I lost the ability to make and receive calls. Not just on mobile network, but also in WIFI calling which I thought was supposed to work if enabled and a WIFI network? I was able to receive texts and emails without issue, only the in and outbound calls are inoperable? Tried the troubleshooting and finally had to send in to Dallas for warranty repair. Now they tell me the phone is an international version, and that I should buy another US version. Will a full system reset, after back up of course, take the phone back to the day before I downloaded the update, and should I refrain from downloading the security and Samsung OS updates going forward? 

JustBIM
Student
Options

Yes, our stories are very similar. I don't think refraining for  downloading the security and Samsung OS updates would be an acceptable solution. Don't quote me but I'm starting to see something strange in all this issue because we're not the only ones. Maybe I'm wrong.

BTW, does anybody know how to get the country version of a Samsung phone? Maybe I'll post this in another thread.

Good luck

0 Likes
Torch59937
Journeyman
Options

Thank you JustBIM. I am sure there are hundreds if not thousands that have this issue. It is also weird that the WIFI calling would not work as I understand all you need is a WIFI connection. That is puzzling to me. My issue is that I also spend time in Canada and Europe for business and was assured that the international version would work on all three platforms, and I noticed that the T-MOBILE USA networks disappeared after update. They did offer me an opportunity to pay full price for another A53? My phone was brand new and is operational up until the download. I am hoping someone can advise on any workaround.

0 Likes
rdalyhome
Journeyman
Options

Galaxy A52 on GSM (EDGE) LTE T-Mobile network

Cannot enter my voicemail. Carrier sent me a new SIM card and reset my mailbox. Still cannot set-up my mailbox. Will not connect when dialed. Get  - Sorry invalid mailbox". 

Very poor incoming call functionality all of a sudden. Signal strength "OK" but get no carrier icon ("e" or even a no parking icon). Switched to 2G/3G still poor reception. GSM Tower is not too far away. Texting is also spotty especially when sending texts.

Took a ride to a very strong signal area near my home. Same results

Turned off Wifi calling which now did not seem to work any longer. No roaming on. Tried factory reset, reset network settings, erased cache, tried in safe mode, downloaded a new phone dialer app still same problem. Nothing works. My service provider has me trying same thinks over and over. Cannot even disable call forwarding. Seems to have happened all at once in August. What did you do?  Send out a new patch

0 Likes
Torch59937
Journeyman
Options

Hello RDalyHome, I decided to send my phone in to Samsung after trying everything. My feeling is that is was related to the August update, but unfortunately for me, my A52s is an international version. I work in and out of the country and was sold on the fact that the phone, unlocked version, would work on T-Mobile in Canada and USA. The phone is now being repaired, although it is not clear what exactly is being repaired/changed. I chose the path of least resistance and accepted my fate. Hopefully the phone will be returned soon and an invoice with detail what the issue was.

0 Likes
rdalyhome
Journeyman
Options

Good  luck Torch. Please post their findings. Is there a way to find out if a phone is the "international" version? I may have one also since I bought it from a third party on E-bay and I think I remember some mention of it in the description and because Samsung would not acknowledge the warranty when I tried to register it. Mine has worked great up to a month ago. Was very pleased with it.

0 Likes
JustBIM
Student
Options

@rdalyhome. Yes, you can know it. You can google for "list-of-samsung-csc-codes-samsung-firmware-csc-codes" . There is also an App on Google Play Store called "Phone Info", among others, where you can look for the CSC on your device . There is a USSD code you can dial as well but I have no luck trying that way. 

0 Likes