Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A51

(Topic created on: 23-12-2020 08:37 AM)
will23iam
Apprentice
Options
After nearly a month I've just received a new A51 phone. Problem started when phone wouldn't charge,  then screen cracked trying too hard to connect charger After a solid 8 hours on phone it was agreed phone would be repaired and reluctantly I paid for new screen. After a period of 2 weeks in service centre was finally told parts arrived and would be finished that day. 3 days later called and was told same thing.  Then email asking me to contact them.  Cue another 4 hours on phone and was told they would replace phone.  The really scary thing apart from the worst company service in many years I was told parts no longer available for the despite the fact it's well under a year old and they are still advertising them for sale. This in NO way a company like Samsung should behave and ruined trust after over 10 years loyalty 
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Lykia
MegaStar
Options

That parts aren't available is probably the worst lie of them.

Even our Galaxy Note4 was repaired a few months ago and 2 days ago a Galaxy A50 came back with a replaced screen.

Can understand your frustration but you can be happy, you now get a brandnew one! 😉 

(better than one that has been opened and repaired)

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᒪYKIᗩ
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @will23iam 

I've not come across a screen being cracked by inserting a charger before !

Samsung will have seen this as accidental damage so wouldn't be covered for a free repair under the umbrella of the Samsung Warranty I'm afraid.

Samsung repairs in my experience have been pretty good and now with the introduction of doorstep repairs in some regions it's even more convenient.

However Samsung Customer service seems to be a bit of a hit and miss affair, and it does sound like the advice given by that particular Samsung Representative is a little off in regards to parts and repairs etc. I don't think they intentionally lie.

Parts can differ by region of manufacture but many parts I'm sure are cross used in a wide variety of phone's.

I think some of these Samsung Representatives are outsourced people in call centres who generally read from a script but when faced with a not the run of the mill enquiry may search or ask colleagues for the best answer  they can give at the time.

Are they not now asking for the fee for the screen repair, which is a win win situation if so ? :winking-face:

Do let us know in your thread how you get on please.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Fantastic
Pathfinder
Options
I would contact samsung directly and speak to them or go to there facebook page because they have someone keeping an eye on it
0 Likes
will23iam
Apprentice
Options
y
0 Likes
will23iam
Apprentice
Options
I'm not disputing that the screen breaking was my partner's fault and I did pay for a new screen. Though the screen was broken as a consequence of the battery failure. My argument is over the time taken. in total I spent over 11 hours on the phone going from person to person and also the excuses made about the time taken. Also it seems strange if true that parts are no longer available. I was told by a non Samsung repairer that there were probably some problems with the battery connection that has now been fixed so newer models do not have the same parts which is why they were unable to obtain parts. I did buy the phone almost as soon as it was available here. This is why I believe that I was given a new phone. I believe that if this is true the early models should have been recalled. I did this post as a warning to others with an early A51 model. Also to express disappointment with the service level