Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A51 selfie camera circle.

(Topic created on: 24-08-2021 09:12 PM)
MattD
First Poster
Options

Evening all.

My wife just got an A51 and, unlike my S20+ when she uses the Selfie camera the camera cutout gets bigger. It get a black circle around it now this is fine, the only issue is when she's using the phone normally (not using the camera). The selfie camera often quickly flashes this little black circle. Its very quick and happens every 10 seconds, I can record it it needs be. But in short, random black circle around the selfie camera, flashes every 10 seconds. Wife thinks she's being spied on. Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Gaz091
Student
Options

I have the same issue with my A51. Have the phone approx 10 weeks and since day 1 this black  circle has been randomly appearing around my selfie camera. Not as often as every 10 seconds but still quiet often when I am using the phone. Yet to find explanation for same??

knscad
First Poster
Options

Had the same problem. Turn off "stay on" , it's the setting to keep your screen on when looking at it. under "motions and gestures". Seems to have fixed the flashing black circle.

PetiteNas
First Poster
Options

Knscad is right. This is Smart Stay, keeps the screen on by detecting your face. To switch it off go to Settings -> Advanced features -> Motions and gestures -> Smart stay. 

NunyoBidniz
First Poster
Options

Thanks for posting, everyone. I was starting to trip out over this. 

Mandy23
First Poster
Options

Good lookin out !! Thank you this was driving me insane trying to figure out what I had changed in settings.  What a relief now I can move on to over analyzing another subject  😅 

Albybray
First Poster
Options
I was also wondering why it was flashing... glad u cleared this up thanx
0 Likes
unicorns-are-real
First Poster
Options
Thank you so much, because like MattD's wife, I thought someone was spying on me🤣... can get back to over thinking if penguins have knees 😂
0 Likes
Members_r2yPgn8
First Poster
Options

It's still around the selfie camera when using snapchat and I switch to the selfie camera. How do I make it dissappear permanently?

0 Likes