Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A51 Bluetooth issues

(Topic created on: 24-01-2020 09:39 PM)
YousefOmar
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I've always enjoyed my Samsung smart phones, but not my new A51. I have a serious problem with bluetooth. Bluetooth connection keeps disconnecting and/or stuttering. I have a feeling its software is buggy. Has anyone faced this issue and if yes, do you know of a solution? I have updated the software to the latest version.

** Further updates (4-Feb-2020): today while playing an audio book on my bluetooth headset (Samsugn Level U), voice disappeared and I could only hear noise; I had to restart the phone to resolve the issue (back to Windows 98 theme); I hope Samsung can resolve this asap. It is a serious issue.

** Update (10-Feb-2020): i have just installed the update A515FXXU2ATA8/A515FOJM2ATB1/A515FXXU2ATA8 size: 351.39 MB (dated: Feb 1, 2020). will start testing and provide updates in a few days. 

** Update (14-Feb-2020): after a few days of testing, I can confirm the Bluetooth issues no longer exist. I have been playing Bluetooth audio and no disconnections or stuttering occurs. 

Thanks,

Yosuef

405 REPLIES 405
Birger
Student
Options

I updated and still have the same problems 😞 

0 Likes
dsgage
Student
Options

Hey dudes, 

I'm in Switzerland and just got the most recent update.  The Bluetooth issues are gone now.  2 months waiting for this, though, was a real bummer. 

If you have no other option, then just hold out till the update reaches you.  Feel free to let Samsung know you paid waaaaay too much for problems like this. 

Stay strong 🤟

0 Likes
mikeli
Journeyman
Options

after the latest update listening to music via blutooth is now working on a JBL blutooth speaker. but with airpods still stuttering 😞

strange, its both bluetooth... ? 😕

0 Likes
andre_tiotuba
First Poster
Options

I was experiencing the same issue. bluetooth stuttering, breaking and losing connection very often.

I just upgraded to the latest firmware (software update) and now it works pretty fine. no issues anymore!

Android patch level: February 1, 2020. 

Papipapss
First Poster
Options

I made the last update yesterday and restored the connection settings. Still have the issue with my airpods too!!

Any clue?

0 Likes
Panda712
First Poster
Options

How did you get the update

0 Likes
Panda712
First Poster
Options

How did you get the update. I have a new A51 with bluetooth  drop out problems  which Samsung say they have to replace as they claim not a problem  with A51s and they don't recognize  the update you refer to

0 Likes
PeFe
Student
Options

You must wait until Samsung release update on your country .. is not at same time to all country s...

0 Likes
KaiA51
Journeyman
Options

I am having the same issues with my Airpods, this is a real nightmare for me :((((((

P.S. I already updated!!

0 Likes
Panda712
First Poster
Options

Yes, I spent over an hour on a chat line with Samsung yesterday and basically got nowhere. Having done a factory reset the problem persists. They suggested I change the phone for another A51 but reluctant to do this to get the same problem, as it seems to be common, although Samsung refute this.  The update that cures it doesn't seem to have been released in the UK.  I find that the problem disappears if I switch wi-fi off but that's not much help if streaming music on line.  Very disappointed with samsung as have had Motorola phones until now with no problems. Expected that upgrading to Samsung would have resulted in a better phone.  I guess all we can do is hope for the software update soon or return our phones.

0 Likes