Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A51 Bluetooth issues

(Topic created on: 07-03-2020 06:04 PM)
YousefOmar
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I've always enjoyed my Samsung smart phones, but not my new A51. I have a serious problem with bluetooth. Bluetooth connection keeps disconnecting and/or stuttering. I have a feeling its software is buggy. Has anyone faced this issue and if yes, do you know of a solution? I have updated the software to the latest version.

** Further updates (4-Feb-2020): today while playing an audio book on my bluetooth headset (Samsugn Level U), voice disappeared and I could only hear noise; I had to restart the phone to resolve the issue (back to Windows 98 theme); I hope Samsung can resolve this asap. It is a serious issue.

** Update (10-Feb-2020): i have just installed the update A515FXXU2ATA8/A515FOJM2ATB1/A515FXXU2ATA8 size: 351.39 MB (dated: Feb 1, 2020). will start testing and provide updates in a few days. 

** Update (14-Feb-2020): after a few days of testing, I can confirm the Bluetooth issues no longer exist. I have been playing Bluetooth audio and no disconnections or stuttering occurs. 

Thanks,

Yosuef

405 REPLIES 405
Halcyon2020
Journeyman
Options

Is it not network determined? I'm in UK but no sign of it yet 

Ageofaqua
Journeyman
Options

Yes its network rolled out, Im on EE, do they publish when updates are coming ive no idea...

0 Likes
Ageofaqua
Journeyman
Options

PS. Apparently without Wifi/data on Bluetooth stutter doesn't happen...

0 Likes
Halcyon2020
Journeyman
Options

It didn't solve the problem for me

@Ageofaqua wrote:

PS. Apparently without Wifi/data on Bluetooth stutter doesn't happen...

unfortunately 

0 Likes
Roderick7630
First Poster
Options

I just got the A51 4 days back. I am currently facing the same issue with the bluetooth connection. Updated new software but issue is still there. Pls help

0 Likes
PHenoMeaNoNe
Journeyman
Options

Roderick7630 can you please tell us the firmware version of your phone?

0 Likes
Bwsoldier
Pioneer
Options

Bought this phone for my girlfriend a week ago and bluetooth headphones are pretty much unusable, all fine on my s10. Please sort this out samsung its a major issue otherwise it's going back.

Phone was purchased direct from Samsung unlocked in the UK.

On the security patch 1 December 2019

0 Likes
jason20
Journeyman
Options

I had same problem when I purchased my a51 and did update. I switched wifi off when using bluetooth and that solved the problem, no stuttering or dropouts. Although this solves the problem it is still inconvenient so really wish samsung would sort this out. Interestingly it is only when playing audio that this problem occurs. Hope this helps 

Ageofaqua
Journeyman
Options

Yep so only downloaded music from streaming apps, or music stored on the phone. Not so bad really, we shall wait )

0 Likes
RonnyB
Explorer
Options
I get just now 8 March a new update for my A51 A515FXXU2ATB1/A515FOXM2ATB2/A515FXXU2ATA8
363,65 MB BUT I didn't install this update because my Bluetooth is perfectly still working
Is there anyone who has experience with this update.
Is it only a security update ??