Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A51 Bluetooth issues

(Topic created on: 01-03-2020 09:08 PM)
YousefOmar
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I've always enjoyed my Samsung smart phones, but not my new A51. I have a serious problem with bluetooth. Bluetooth connection keeps disconnecting and/or stuttering. I have a feeling its software is buggy. Has anyone faced this issue and if yes, do you know of a solution? I have updated the software to the latest version.

** Further updates (4-Feb-2020): today while playing an audio book on my bluetooth headset (Samsugn Level U), voice disappeared and I could only hear noise; I had to restart the phone to resolve the issue (back to Windows 98 theme); I hope Samsung can resolve this asap. It is a serious issue.

** Update (10-Feb-2020): i have just installed the update A515FXXU2ATA8/A515FOJM2ATB1/A515FXXU2ATA8 size: 351.39 MB (dated: Feb 1, 2020). will start testing and provide updates in a few days. 

** Update (14-Feb-2020): after a few days of testing, I can confirm the Bluetooth issues no longer exist. I have been playing Bluetooth audio and no disconnections or stuttering occurs. 

Thanks,

Yosuef

405 REPLIES 405
lhugo
Journeyman
Options

Ok. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to solve the problem fully. I'll come back when I've done some testing.  Did you get an ETA from Samsung when they'll solve the problem? 

0 Likes
RonnyB
Explorer
Options

The guy  who support me told me that this issue will solve by Samsung for the final solution

0 Likes
BEEMOO
Journeyman
Options

This did seem to fix it a bit but I still got a stutter some times.

But at least I can listen to music now with wifi on, although I hope that they are still trying to fix this since I only got this phone a few days ago.

0 Likes
lhugo
Journeyman
Options

Mine also stutters even after emptying the cache. The only way I found so far to listen stutter free is to turn of location services and WiFi. 😞 I really hope they fix this soon. It really is a great phone apart from the deal breaker bug.

Michaelgraham
Apprentice
Options

I have the A51 for a month, and with the 01.02.2020 update all was ok, but now with  the 13.02 2013 update the Bluetooth stutter is a real pain!

jujujajajuju
Student
Options

Same issue here with my Bluetooth Sony headphones. What I have done so far: 1. turned off battery optimization for Spotify. 2. Turned Spotify 'offline'. 3. Downloaded my music, thus not streaming. 4. Phone on airplane mode.  It is now skipping probably 90% less than before doing all of this.  BUT STILL SKIPPING. WHY. IT'S A BRAND NEW PHONE. This is quite frustrating, I am cursing to myself in a library right now it's that bad.

0 Likes
jujujajajuju
Student
Options

I FIXED the issue with my Bluetooth Sony headphones (this is ONLY for Spotify). What I have done so far: 1. turned off battery optimization for Spotify. 2. Turned Spotify 'offline'. 3. Downloaded my music, thus not streaming. 4. Phone on airplane mode.  It is now NOT skipping/flickering out, compared to doing it every 15 seconds like before. SIN EMBARGO, this is very frustrating, I am cursing to myself in a library right now. My phone needs to be in airplane mode to listen to music? Not acceptable. It needs to be fixed asap. 

0 Likes
South-Africa
Apprentice
Options

The update will fix it that was released 1 feb 2020.i got the update today. Do not update to the next update though coz apparently it mess everything up again.the one after that is 13 feb

0 Likes
Jcenergy
First Poster
Options
Where do you install this update please?
0 Likes
lhugo
Journeyman
Options
Different regions have different update schedules. What region was your device bought in?
0 Likes