Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A50 wireless charging..

(Topic created on: 20-06-2020 07:55 PM)
Dino1511
First Poster
Options

Hi, I know the a50 hasn't got built in wireless charging. I've added a QI adapter still wont charge , I've tried 4 diffent adapters on 2 different A50s same problem on both 😡. I would be grateful if theres somebody out there who knows how to sort this. 👍 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
TamarynTentagon
First Poster
Options

Same problem, tested with 1 a50 and 3 adapters, which work fine with my other phone.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Dino1511 and @TamarynTentagon ,

would you both be able to tell me what adapter are you using? 

0 Likes
TamarynTentagon
First Poster
Options

Baseus Microfiber Wireless Charging Receiver

0 Likes
ingeniuske
First Poster
Options

Same issue here It stopped working after update to A10. But curiously if you turn off the phone and put it on the charger it seems to work?

0 Likes
Dino1511
First Poster
Options

Baseus microfiber,  and other makes .

0 Likes
PhilK
First Poster
Options
Olixar and YKing (2000mAh) charging receivers don't work either. Tried switching phone off. Charging indicator shows but after 15 minutes battery charge had gone DOWN 2%. Both receivers work on my old Motorola One so it must be something to do with Samsung (but can't see how).
0 Likes
morrists
First Poster
Options

Huh, just tried what you said, turning it off.  Same here with the A51, makes no sense.  Did you ever figure it out?  This is after working great for years!

0 Likes
GS12
First Poster
Options

The A50 seems to behave like this:

1. it needs a cable to be connected first

2. Some cables are detectable, some are not, likewise these wireless charging adapters

3. If it is a detectable cable, the screen will light up if you connect the cable passively, i.e. the other end is not connected to a USB host etc

Makes sense?

0 Likes