Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A50 No audio, videos on fast forward general performance issues

(Topic created on: 11-04-2020 10:18 PM)
Philr87
Journeyman
Options

Since I updated my A50 i have started having issues with having no audio at all from the phone. This happens in all apps, no alarms, notifications and ring tones not working and unable to here people during phone calls. All videos playing on fast forward on all apps (WhatsApp, you tube and Google photos) and general performance issues with phone crashing several times in particular the camera. Have done a Google search and found many threads relating to the exact problems I have after people have updated there phones. I have also carried out a factory reset and this has not resolved the issue. Have restarted the phone 10 times now and fault persists. Have also started in safe mode and no luck. Is there a fix for this?

27 REPLIES 27
JP-8
First Poster
Options

My phone is working now!

I came across this thread a bit over a month ago (early November '20) when my phone all of a sudden was on the fritz.  I no longer had audio and found that videos were playing in FF after doing an update.  I ended up getting a 2nd hand s7 to use for work calls with the hopes that Samsung would fix whatever bug caused that major failure.  Last night, I updated my phone with the latest available update and when it came back on, I heard a chime! First time in over a month.  Audio is now working, videos are playing as they should be, AND fast charging is working again.  I forgot to mention my fast charging was the first thing to go earlier this summer after an update, and charging was dismal for a long time. 

The phone is acting great now, as snappy as when I first got it, which was only a bit over 1 year ago.  

0 Likes
JP-8
First Poster
Options

You have got to be kidding me.  Not even half way through one day and the "System UI stops responding" and my phone is back to where it was. Samsung!!! Can you release an update that is STABLE!!  This is extremely frustrating..

0 Likes
dino92
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem since two weeks ago. It stopped totally working even after restarting the phone. Its interesting that its working while its connected on bluethoot, even the videos work in that way. Is there any way somebody do something about that, or is this the lifetime of the software of this phone?

0 Likes
Bia786
First Poster
Options

Do you find any solution

0 Likes
Bia786
First Poster
Options

Any one finds any solution..??? 

0 Likes
SB1515
Journeyman
Options

I got my phone fixed (they replaced the board) and a month later the same issue occurred. Got full refund after that

0 Likes
TobiasT
First Poster
Options

Second repair at Samsung fixed it for me.
First repair was May 2020, second one September 2020. No problems since.

0 Likes
AYER
First Poster
Options

Mine also same problem. What to do,

Please, suggest me the solution.

0 Likes