Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A50 No audio, videos on fast forward general performance issues

(Topic created on: 11-05-2020 08:37 PM)
Philr87
Journeyman
Options

Since I updated my A50 i have started having issues with having no audio at all from the phone. This happens in all apps, no alarms, notifications and ring tones not working and unable to here people during phone calls. All videos playing on fast forward on all apps (WhatsApp, you tube and Google photos) and general performance issues with phone crashing several times in particular the camera. Have done a Google search and found many threads relating to the exact problems I have after people have updated there phones. I have also carried out a factory reset and this has not resolved the issue. Have restarted the phone 10 times now and fault persists. Have also started in safe mode and no luck. Is there a fix for this?

27 REPLIES 27
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Philr87 

That's not good  !

As you've performed the most extreme reset i.e a factory reset can you now try Safe Mode which disables any downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then see what happens.

If it stops then one or more of your apps are causing this. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent apps one at a time until it stops.

If it does not stop then use your Samsung Members App to send any error and bug reports.

As the Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centres are temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic you woukd need to contact your countries Samsung Support Department for further assistance.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Philr87
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I had already tried it in safe mode and this hasn't solved the issue. When testing the mic and speaker in Samsung members app both are saying unable to enable test. This morning I connected the phone to an external bluetooth speaker and the phone worked as normal. When I disconnected the fault returns. I have contacted Samsung via the app and waiting response

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

OK @Philr87 

Please let us know how you get on.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

One of the issues (I cannot confirm but this has happened to me before) could be that the phone thinks there is something plugged into the Audio jack when there isn't. This could be a software glitch, or result of water damage (which has happened to me before), which means that when not connected to Bluetooth devices, the phone tries to play things through the audio jack, but there is nothing connected. There is no way, unfortunately, to force it to switch to the built in speakers. I cannot say for sure this is the issue, but a possible one.

0 Likes
Philr87
Journeyman
Options

Thanks. I've checked and its not registering anything in the headphone Jack. Also when I plug in headphones there's still no sound

0 Likes
taha2
Student
Options

Does anyone have managed to find a solution ? 

0 Likes
Philr87
Journeyman
Options

Was sent to Samsung for a repair. They replaced the main board

0 Likes
Payalpatel
First Poster
Options

I too have the exact same problem .... could this be any kind of water damage ... although myphonehas not come in contact with water ... but I suspect maybe by mistake few drops might have touched ... when I picked up my phone with wet hands once ... 

Is there any way we can report the bugto Samsung? 

Is it hardware or software problem?

0 Likes
Philr87
Journeyman
Options
I reported it to samsung via the members app as mine was still under warranty
0 Likes