Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A40 NOT having any options to vibrate when tapping

(Topic created on: 04-03-2020 11:42 AM)
Reza_
Journeyman
Options

Hi. I recently bought a a40 and I'm just getting annoyed by not having any vibration when I tap keyboard characters or navigation bar keys. Really? Why sammy?

18 REPLIES 18
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
I just installed gboard and it does offer haptic feedback when typing.
You have to go in to the gboard settings if it doesn't work straight away , but I'm using it right now to write this to you with haptic feedback working, I hope that's a little help 👍
Reza_
Journeyman
Options
Yeah I'm thinking the same
Unfortunately my phone isn't for my country so I can't use Samsung members as it's not in my my language or English so anyone know other way to ask them?🤔
0 Likes
Reza_
Journeyman
Options
Thank you yeah I just find out about gboard but still it's strange why our phones shouldn't have haptic features on board
0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
True , but the third party apps prove its possible, so it means it's a software based restriction.
Hopefully the mods on here can forward this to the correct department?
0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
If you install Samsung's one hand operation app from the Google store it offers haptic feedback but only as far as I've found if you using swipe gestures .
I've just installed to test for you

So the buttons aren't vibrating, only the swipe navigation
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
It seems Samsung's good lock app and one had operation app add more features to the phones that maybe should have already been on by default.
Good lock is available via Samsung's own app store and opens your phone up to more apps to customize your experience
Reza_
Journeyman
Options
Thank you 🖐 i will give it a shot
liggerz87
Pioneer
Options

Have same problem with a samsung a21s tried changing keyboard to gboard  swift key under language settings there opened keyboard setting and sounds and vibration and nothing can't be activated at all if looked under dev settings aswel  it does everything I need tho wifi calling 4g calling aswel and it can take I 512gb sd card as I needed to back up my fold so I can factory reset it as find the fold video doesn't focus well so need to factory reset that 

0 Likes
liggerz87
Pioneer
Options

Can confirm works with gboard set to 40 to be able to feel the vibrate IV set to 45

0 Likes