Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A40 Need O/S for different country to be loaded

(Topic created on: 26-12-2020 02:04 PM)
TheBell
Journeyman
Options

I have just received a notification that an Android system update is available on my A40. This is update A405FN (which I believe is an update to Android 10). HOWEVER the notification comes with a warning that installation of the update will disable the FM radio in my phone due to Italian law 205/2017. I purchased my phone through Amazon in the UK and it appears that it has been loaded with O/S targeted for ITALY. As I use the FM radio regularly and rely on it when not in WiFi range and cannot use an IP radio, I need to ensure my phone does NOT load this update destined for Italian users. Accordingly, does anyone know how to change the phone so that it rather receives UK O/S updates (where assumedly the FM radio need not be disabled) ?? Much appreciated!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @TheBell 

You can't tell the phone to load up a certain software version @TheBell as it is governed by the csc in it, and is pushed out by the country of origin. 

You would have to effectively replace the current software with a Custom Rom.

More information is on xdadevelopers.com 

Disclaimer 》
Using a Custom Rom can bring about an unstable phone or it may not work properly if the process glitches or the wrong Rom is used.
A person takes full responsibility if they perform this process and do so at their own informed decision. Samsung would levy a charge to put this right.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
TheBell
Journeyman
Options

Aaah thanks ... so no way to change the CSC then?!

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes you can but one must be careful with this and custom rom's @TheBell 

Again please Look at xdadevelopers.com and the tutorials and posts there will explain what you can do.

Be careful if you wish to go down this avenue and as well as learning the process to do this also learn how to resolve possible issues.

Change-csc-samsung. 

A Google search will bring up informative articles about csc.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes