A40 - my new phone is losing wifi connection all the time

(Topic created on: 09-06-2020 04:21 PM)
jack6503
Pioneer
Options

samsung a40
android 10
wifi: 5ghz

my new phone is losing wifi connection all the time.
yesterday i reset wifi settings and then it worked until today. today same problem again.
the phone does not connect to wifi even though I reset network settings again. it connects but drops signal immediately.

can anyone help me please?

8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Does this happen just with the wifi connection in one place i.e home broadband or is it to any WiFi source you pair with @jack6503 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

jack6503
Pioneer
Options

i dont know yet. never connected it ot other places. ive been at home only.

ok i get issues again. now i connected it to 2.4 ghz. ill return to tell if it got solved or not.
jack6503
Pioneer
Options
since i started using 2.4 ghz wifi. ive never encountered any connection issues. this samsung a40 phone seems to have issues connecting to 5ghz wifi.

hope they'll fix it soon.
Nonnud
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I have the same problem with, this started few weeks ago, I reset network connections but one day after the issue reocurr. 

Any suggestion to fixed? 

Vltm
Apprentice
Options

I'm experiencing a similar issue with 5Ghz WiFi with ASUS RT-AC58U (RT-ACRH13) router. When A40 is placed in the area with a weak WiFi signal, an exclamation mark appears next to the WiFi icon (which is the correct behavior), but when you return to the area with a strong signal, the mark often does not go away and A40 does not reconnect to the Internet. The only solution is to turn WiFi off and then back on.

The strange thing is that the smartphone stays connected to the router (both A40 and router report the connection speed and signal level changes), but the connection is never restored. Changing channels and other advanced settings on the router does not help. I also noticed that the following message appears in the router's log when A40 connects to the 5Ghz network: [DEBUG]:skip vht opmode notification (change channel, number of spatial streams(NSS),or both). This message does not appear for other AC clients.

jack6503
Pioneer
Options

bro. how is the volume/soundquality when calling people with your a40?

i cant hear anything 😞

0 Likes
ScottyB1
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue with my wife's A40 very not impressed. I've keep reseting network connections and restarting the phone + all the similar suggestions but she now hates the phone. Come on Samsung fix this or give replacements
0 Likes
jack6503
Pioneer
Options

u have to connect to 2.4ghz networks.