Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A40 Front camera Andoird 10

(Topic created on: 26-04-2020 07:20 AM)
hucha
Explorer
Options

After receiving Android 10,front camera can now only shoot 16MP in high quality mode.Considering the camera is 25 MP and in Android 9 there was 25MP mode,it is weird now they changed that,so if someone has the solution to get 25MP mode it would be very helpful.

Happy quarantining!

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options

@hucha i have a galaxy a40 in the uk i never even new about this issue till u have posted about it i have checked online and cant seem to find an answer so i have sent feedback asking about it it the members app once i get an answer i will post back what they say if u find out the solution could u let me know. Cheers

0 Likes
hucha
Explorer
Options
Thanks man,I also accidentaly noticed that which seems so weird to me why would they do that I mean it is not a big deal it's just weird.
Cheers man!
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options

@hucha it definetly is theres either got to be a way of changing it to 25mp or they have changed it to 16mp for some strange reason i know there already working on a minor update for our devices maybe that will iron out some of these problems dont know when it will be released just know there testing a new firmware version.

Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options

@hucha update on the issue i have been on to samsung live chat in the uk they have told me when u open up the camera and go to take a picture with the front camera when u click the ratio and change it to the other 3:4 ratio that changes it to 25mp i have attatched a screen shot to show u hope this helps u.20200429_123723.jpg

hucha
Explorer
Options

Cheers mate,thank you for your effort,will try it out!

0 Likes
hucha
Explorer
Options

InkedScreenshot_20200526-203452_Camera_LI.jpg

I'm happy to report after latest May update now the camera is working in full resultion (25MP)

Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options

@hucha i got the may update today aswell i just checked and mine is back to 25mp aswell have u noticed the other new features aswell ? 

1 google duo is intergrated with the messaging app and also your contacts.

2 u can add a custom wallpaper to the background of the messaging app aswell i dont know of anymore if u find out anymore can u let me know cheers.

hucha
Explorer
Options

That's cool,for me the only thing that p****s me off is that they are taunting us with AOD but only when charging.I mean if they can do that surely they can do the time and missed notifications as well.

Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options

@hucha  totally agree why give us a wee taste of aod they could easily of put it in an update would be easy for them to do.

0 Likes