Did you mean: 

Original topic:

A22 5G Poor sound on recorded videos

(Topic created on: 27-07-2022 05:02 PM)
MtnDave
First Poster
Options
Galaxy A Series

The recorded sound on videos is 'boxed in' sounding, slightly wavy/echoey. 

I'm recording on Samsung camera app, FHD....never had this problem with old S7 Edge, and wife's A21 seems ok.

I also use RecForge for audio recordings and in auto record level mode same problem...but when I disable this in app and go for manual level control the sound improves.

This leads me to suspect its something to do with auto gain control in phone, but no settings I can apply.

Anyone else had this and any suggestions ? Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Hartebeest
First Poster
Options
Galaxy A Series

I've had what appears to be the same problem with my A22 5G for months (since I got it). Any recorded audio is warbly and tinny as if something is trying (and failing) to perform some process on the sound as it's being stored.  I also considered whether it might be some kind of over-zealous automatic gain control trying to adjust volume up and down for every individual note and beat.

I found it happened with the Voice Recorder app just as badly as with the camera recording video.

I'd left mine in with my local Samsung shop for repair under warranty for this problem last week.  They changed the mainboard and some tape-connected module (lower mic maybe?) but when I got it back it was just the same.  It's back with them now to be re-examined.

If it's still the same when I get it back this time I must give your RecForge suggestion a go.  I'll let you know.

0 Likes
MtnDave
First Poster
Options
Galaxy A Series

Thanks for reply - I web chatted Samsung Support .....they asked me to update to Android 12 which should be available...but not for my phone yet. They have suggested a factory reset which I'll try when I return from hols. If that doesn't work they have given me phone number to take in for repair...would be interested to hear how you get on, and will keep you posted

0 Likes
MtnDave
First Poster
Options
Galaxy A Series

Update - Android 12 now received and installed - no change.

0 Likes
MtnDave
First Poster
Options
Galaxy A Series

Hi - I wonder if you'd got any further with video sound problem?   My nearest repair centre is an hour away, just considering pros and cons of going there or posting and living without the smartphone for a while....did the 2nd repair attempt work ok ?  Thanks.

0 Likes