Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A12 do not disturb notification

(Topic created on: 04-12-2022 12:04 AM)
Gerry Peters
Journeyman
Options

I have a Samsung Galaxy A12 phone with the Android software version 12. Every Sunday I want my phone ringer to be shut off at a certain time for an hour. I've tried to do this with the "Do not disturb" feature. It appears to work fine, but I don't want to get a notification saying my Do not disturb mode is on every time I use my phone. I know it's on and it's a permanent setting for my needs.

I can't seem to get it to stop popping up in my notifications. I've tried to use the System UI Tuner App, but it says i's not supported. So is there a way to fix this? Or is there another App that does give you control over the notifications?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Gerry Peters: To get your Galaxy A12 set up the way you're describing, please head to Settings > Notifications > Do not disturb > Schedule > + Add schedule > Tap the weekday letters to remove the circles from them, but leave Sunday (the last 'S' in the list) circled > Set time > Start (select the relevant start time) > End (select the relevant end time) > Done > Save > Hide notifications > Don't show pop up notifications (toggle this on). 

Alternatively, you may wish to manually place your phone on silent by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom and tapping on the speaker symbol until it greys out, and a line is drawn through the speaker.  

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Gerry Peters I don't know if the Bixby Routine app is compatible with your device. If it is, I recommend it, since it has excellent options to create programmed routines. Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Gerry Peters: To get your Galaxy A12 set up the way you're describing, please head to Settings > Notifications > Do not disturb > Schedule > + Add schedule > Tap the weekday letters to remove the circles from them, but leave Sunday (the last 'S' in the list) circled > Set time > Start (select the relevant start time) > End (select the relevant end time) > Done > Save > Hide notifications > Don't show pop up notifications (toggle this on). 

Alternatively, you may wish to manually place your phone on silent by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom and tapping on the speaker symbol until it greys out, and a line is drawn through the speaker.  

0 Likes
Gerry Peters
Journeyman
Options

I had already set up 2 schedules for Sunday. Today is the day to see if they work. I feel like they will. I did what you described, except "Don't show popup notifications" was greyed out. I fixed the grey by turning off  "Hide from notification panel" So it seems like it's fixed. Now when I go back to the settings, I see "Hide all" is now off. I guess that's ok.

By the way, 2 hours before my first schedule I picked up my phone, the light came on, and I always see these notifications and Swipe to open at the bottom. I didn't see the Notification for Do not disturb. Is that because it's less than 2 hours before the schedule starts?

If this all works, I'll mark this as "Accept as solution"

0 Likes
Gerry Peters
Journeyman
Options

The Bixby Routine app sounds very interesting. I'd like to check it out. I hit my "Apps" icon and searched and didn't find it. Then I hit the "Play Store" icon and did the same search and didn't find it. I do see several other Bixby Apps. Did they change the name of it? I have a Galaxy A12, I don't see that in the list for Bixby at Samsung, when I did a Google search with my computer.

AndrewL
Options

@Gerry Peters: Bixby Routines is a pre-installed feature, however it only available on selected models. To check if it's available on your Galaxy A12, please head to Settings > Advanced features > Bixby routines > Add routine, and follow the on screen instructions. This is a great way to automate things, however, as Do not disturb has its own in-built scheduling feature, I'd recommend seeing if this works for you first of all before exploring the Bixby routine approach. 

0 Likes
Gerry Peters
Journeyman
Options

It's not available under advanced. Thanks for the info

Gerry Peters
Journeyman
Options

It seems to have worked just fine. I had my wife call me during the do not disturb and I saw her number later and I'm not getting the notification that do not disturb is on - thanks everyone

0 Likes