£450Roaming charges

(Topic created on: 12-04-2022 06:40 PM)
Options
my fone doesnt work it cant make calls or access internet
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@rogerjowetta520f1: Are you able to provide a bit more information regarding this issue? Are you currently abroad, as your post title suggests? If so, have you tried reaching out to your network to see if there are any restrictions in place on your account, potentially as a result of your roaming charges? Are you still able to send texts, and receive calls? 

Options
i was abroad but my fone has never worked even in uk
cannot register on network message when trying to call and similar message for internet
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @rogerjowetta520f1 

Your first post title seems to point to a £450 roaming charge ? 🤔 

> does this mean the phone is working abroad and you've been charged this on your mobile phone bill ?

If it's not working then you need to challenge your networknover the charge.

In regards to the phone not working on the Internet is this both mobile data and Wi-Fi connection or both ? If mobile data then please ensure you have checked that you have ....

> enough data allowance.

> your apn settings are correct _ check your networks support pages in regards to apn settings. With some networks you can send a short code to have 

> ensure Mobile Data is turned On in your phone's settings.

> if this is happening everywhere then as a process of elimination try your sim card in another phone and then see what happens. This helps to rule out the phone or sim card as at issue.

> try another sim card in your phone if you can.

> if Wi-Fi then forget the network in the phone's settings and reset up Wi-Fi.

Pop into your network Highstreet Store as they maybe able to help.

A Samsung Service Centre can check out the phone.

I wish you all the best. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Options
so your telling me that there isnt one line of code in the operating system or apps that detect whether or not the fone is working? thats utter rubbish
0 Likes
Options

thats 8x 64bit over 1ghz processors and it doesnt know whether its working or not

0 Likes