Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No supported app for this nfc tag pop-up

(Topic created on: 17-11-2019 03:26 AM)
Dadou1
Pioneer
Options

I use a Samsung case with a card slot, and a card in it. Been using the same setup on previous android with no issues. 

Samsung have  added a pop up to say "No supported app for this nfc tag"

The issue is that the pop-up has to be dismissed before interacting with the phone, especially annoying on the call screen as it means pressing twice to hang up the call... Meaning most of the time I put the phone down not realising the call is ongoing. 

Anyone else having this issue? 

Samsung told me it's a change of strategy for android 10,which really concerns me... 

34 REPLIES 34
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey @Dadou1 

Unfortunately that is the case.

Whenever your device decets something with NFC antenna, it will try to connect to it.

Dadou1
Pioneer
Options

Thanks for the quick response!!! 

I understand the logic and the feature but :

- why change, it must have been working before 

- why have a notification every time that I have to dismiss? 

- give us the option to turn off the pop-up feature (but not payment capability) 

- give us the option to ignore specific cards? 

Samsung engineered the case with a card slot, sells it at high cost, so it would make sense to be able to use it without this additional "complexity" (I know there is more to life than this issue 🙂

Could you please bring this to the customer experience team and reconsider the design and implementation changes? Please please please 😊

Dadou1
Pioneer
Options

Hi @TomaszT

Any chance this could be challenged? (see my previous note) 

The pop-up is really affecting the usability of the phone with the Samsung case... 

Daisy555
Student
Options
My 10e was fine before I downloaded your update today. Lots of my apps now don't work properly and this NFC notice is really upsetting!!
DJ_Glo
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue when I downloaded the software update on my s10+, how can we fix this error. I noticed the voice recording chime also going off faintly in the background of my calls, but I was using handsfree neckband earbuds and I checked my phone thoroughly for any voice detection prompts open in any of apps on my phone or anything in the background running I have been hearing this periodically during conversations in phone calls.

Lumi1
Student
Options

If you swipe up, go to settings > connections - you can turn off the NFC in the menu there. I hope it helps! :smiling-face:

moonshine_jack
Student
Options
Happens to me since upgrade to android 10. I keep a bank card in my phone case. Any idea how to stop the message or tie the tag to an app?
Helen-marie
Student
Options

Thank you this helped alot. But I now know it was a bank card that was making it do it as I had it in my phone case

Helen-marie
Student
Options
All u have to do to stop it is take ur bank card out. I had the same after updating and now I've took my card out its stopped