Support

Open search

Exynos S10+ Battery drain on Beta

Highlighted
Navigator

My exynos s10+ is DRAINING excessively with the new beta software. While I was sleeping, the phone has lost nearly 23% of its power where the screen is on for just 20 minutes post a full charge. The power management for the exynos was already very bad with the Android Pie software for the exynos variants. (unfortunately I am unable to attach the screenshot with this post) 

The general expectation is that with a newer version of OS the battery should always get better no matter what. I believe that should be the same with my phone as well. 

I wish this issue gets fixed somehow. I have already submitted a report as well. 

@TomaszT just tagging u to bring the issue to your notice. 

33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted
First Poster

Go to device care, click the three dots on the right hand corner, press advanced and turn on optimise settings. It saves battery while your phone is not in use.

My battery massively improved after turning this on. My standby drain overnight was 2% compared to the 10% I was getting before I turned it on. My battery doesn't drain as easily during the day now.

Highlighted

Thanks buddy. But I already have it turned on and I also have a lot of other optimisations turned on as well. For instance the power mode is also on optimised.

Highlighted

Hey @Arshaa 

Thanks for bringing it up to my attention!

From what I was told by the development team, there have been some battery optimization tweaks implemented in Beta binary. 

Also, they have said that after a software update, it might take 3-4 days for the battery to stabilize.

But they will definitely look into that :winking-face:

Highlighted

Hi @TomaszT

That definitely shouldn't mean that post every update I will have power only to last for a meager of 6 to 8 hours. This definitely doesn't seem like something to wait and settle for.

Anyhow, looking forward to the next beta update expecting better performance. 

Thanks. 

Fortunately I am able to add the screenshot from before now. 

Screenshot_20191031-082429_Device care.jpg

Highlighted

I have massive battery usage too.

Zero screen on time over night, 

Lost nearly 40% in 8 hours.

Granted I did only install the beta 24 hours ago, but if this keeps up, the beta will have to go.

S10e exynos.

Edit, I will try a reset and see if that helps and report back.

Also, I am unable to add photos to this page.

When I click the camera icon, I just get a grey page displaying a broken link icon, and "tap for upload options"

Tapping does nothing.

Edit 2

A cache partition wipe has fixed battery problemScreenshot_20191103-081208_Device care.jpg

Highlighted

Im getting great battery life on my S10  far better then I was getting on pie iv been getting 4hours 19mins OST with still 50% left and it seems to still be getting better by the day I left my phone off charge over night to see what the battery drain was like only 2% Screenshot_20191103-182159_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20191103-182044_Device care.jpg

Highlighted

@TomaszT wrote:

Hey @Arshaa 

Thanks for bringing it up to my attention!

From what I was told by the development team, there have been some battery optimization tweaks implemented in Beta binary. 

Also, they have said that after a software update, it might take 3-4 days for the battery to stabilize.

But they will definitely look into that :winking-face:

Mines been draining since the last beta, application com.sec.epdg keeps closing. Didn't know until I turned on background errors. Causes momentary lag also when it quits.

Screenshot_20191103-205955_Settings.jpg

Highlighted

@Gav4b wrote:

Im getting great battery life on my S10  far better then I was getting on pie iv been getting 4hours 19mins OST with still 50% left and it seems to still be getting better by the day I left my phone off charge over night to see what the battery drain was like only 2% Screenshot_20191103-182159_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20191103-182044_Device care.jpg

@Gav4b Is that a standard S10, not an S10e or an S10+?
What processor is it - exynos or snapdragon?

I'm lucky if I get 5 hours total OST, so your 4 hours at 50% seems like a distant dream to me.

Highlighted

It's just the S10 g973f UK model