Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exynos S10+ Battery drain on Beta

(Topic created on: 31-10-2019 06:10 AM)
Arshaa
Navigator
Options

My exynos s10+ is DRAINING excessively with the new beta software. While I was sleeping, the phone has lost nearly 23% of its power where the screen is on for just 20 minutes post a full charge. The power management for the exynos was already very bad with the Android Pie software for the exynos variants. (unfortunately I am unable to attach the screenshot with this post) 

The general expectation is that with a newer version of OS the battery should always get better no matter what. I believe that should be the same with my phone as well. 

I wish this issue gets fixed somehow. I have already submitted a report as well. 

@TomaszT just tagging u to bring the issue to your notice. 

32 REPLIES 32
Arshaa
Navigator
Options

Thanks buddy. But I already have it turned on and I also have a lot of other optimisations turned on as well. For instance the power mode is also on optimised.

0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey @Arshaa 

Thanks for bringing it up to my attention!

From what I was told by the development team, there have been some battery optimization tweaks implemented in Beta binary. 

Also, they have said that after a software update, it might take 3-4 days for the battery to stabilize.

But they will definitely look into that :winking-face:

Arshaa
Navigator
Options

Hi @TomaszT

That definitely shouldn't mean that post every update I will have power only to last for a meager of 6 to 8 hours. This definitely doesn't seem like something to wait and settle for.

Anyhow, looking forward to the next beta update expecting better performance. 

Thanks. 

Fortunately I am able to add the screenshot from before now. 

Screenshot_20191031-082429_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
deeyup
Explorer
Options

I have massive battery usage too.

Zero screen on time over night, 

Lost nearly 40% in 8 hours.

Granted I did only install the beta 24 hours ago, but if this keeps up, the beta will have to go.

S10e exynos.

Edit, I will try a reset and see if that helps and report back.

Also, I am unable to add photos to this page.

When I click the camera icon, I just get a grey page displaying a broken link icon, and "tap for upload options"

Tapping does nothing.

Edit 2

A cache partition wipe has fixed battery problemScreenshot_20191103-081208_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Gav4b
Pathfinder
Options

Im getting great battery life on my S10  far better then I was getting on pie iv been getting 4hours 19mins OST with still 50% left and it seems to still be getting better by the day I left my phone off charge over night to see what the battery drain was like only 2% Screenshot_20191103-182159_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20191103-182044_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Jephy
Explorer
Options

@TomaszT wrote:

Hey @Arshaa 

Thanks for bringing it up to my attention!

From what I was told by the development team, there have been some battery optimization tweaks implemented in Beta binary. 

Also, they have said that after a software update, it might take 3-4 days for the battery to stabilize.

But they will definitely look into that :winking-face:

Mines been draining since the last beta, application com.sec.epdg keeps closing. Didn't know until I turned on background errors. Causes momentary lag also when it quits.

Screenshot_20191103-205955_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

@Gav4b wrote:

Im getting great battery life on my S10  far better then I was getting on pie iv been getting 4hours 19mins OST with still 50% left and it seems to still be getting better by the day I left my phone off charge over night to see what the battery drain was like only 2% Screenshot_20191103-182159_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20191103-182044_Device care.jpg

@Gav4b Is that a standard S10, not an S10e or an S10+?
What processor is it - exynos or snapdragon?

I'm lucky if I get 5 hours total OST, so your 4 hours at 50% seems like a distant dream to me.

Gav4b
Pathfinder
Options

It's just the S10 g973f UK model 

0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

@Gav4b  Yeah, that's the one I have. 

What network are you on? Today's usage is looking like 4 hours 40 minutes screen on time. 

0 Likes