Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't answer incoming calls

(Topic created on: 29-12-2022 11:11 AM)
Phil212
Journeyman
Options
Hi All, sorry if this has been on here before. I'm unable to answer incoming calls!
Has anyone else got this issue?
Or a solution please?
0 Likes
41 REPLIES 41
sfoster95
Apprentice
Options

Sadly I don’t think they care.

0 Likes
gerry-in-columbus-oh
First Poster
Options

This problem in my just purchased samsung A42 all updates installed -- stock settings -- restarted phone -- incoming calls ring green and red icons appear but taping them and or swiping them will not answer the incoming phone call.

0 Likes
No Idea
Apprentice
Options

Had the same problem.

The only workable solution I found was to turn on the "Assistant Menu" which allows you to answer the call by pressing the green button (no need to swipe). 

That at least allowed me to answer calls. The downside is it places a faint Assistant button on the side of the screen (position seems to change randomly) which can sometimes get in the way of things you need to press (e.g. covers a spot on the screen you want to press for something else).

To turn on:  Settings -> Accessibility -> Interaction and dexterity -> Assistant menu = ON

Members_Z840I52
First Poster
Options

Had a Samsung A13 for 2 weeks and been working fine until this morning! Have exactly the same problem now and tired of searching how to solve this problem. Has anyone solved this, whats the point of having a phone if if you can't answer calls - especially private number calls.  Please let me know if you have, thank you.

0 Likes
Manic_Micky
First Poster
Options

I was having this issue until my daughter taught me how to answer the phone.  When swiping the green button you need to swipe it right over to the red button.  Hope this helps a few of you.

HamW
Student
Options

I was glad to see solution from No Idea.  It works, now I can answer the phone.  I can even press on the faint Assistant Button to move it to a different location on the screen.

0 Likes
RufusGtoo
First Poster
Options

It has potential. I was able to answer a test call, at least. Let’s see how it works irl.

0 Likes
sambud26
Student
Options
Yes same with me
0 Likes
Boogaloo401
First Poster
Options

This answer resolved my issue with not being able to answer phone.  Thanks so much to you AND your daughter.

Abbyshihtzu
First Poster
Options

Just today my husband is now having the same problem with his S20+ FE.  I don't know why yet. tried all of the above.  I have found a workaround when your phone is ringing look at the top left of home the screen next to the date you have the pull-down notification screen.  when the phone is ringing the little phone icon will be flashing. pull down the notification list the green bar will appear with the active call and the little red and green icons appear to answer or hang up.

Similar to when you are using an app and get a call. 

0 Likes