Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm app sleep setting

(Topic created on: 27-09-2022 12:28 PM)
chazey2
Pioneer
Options
While checking alarm for next work day at 21:45 I saw on alarm app sleep setting. I went through made my selections and set for 22:00-04:00 working days. I clicked turn on at approx. 21:50 immediately the screen turned off with no input reawakening the screen. The only way to get into the phone was to connect to pc via cable. I couldn't rabbit to recovery straight I had to press volume up & down and power together to shut phone off then reboot to recovery. I wiped cache and rebooted. When powered up the phone was sort of half in and out of the sleep mode as notification shade was dimmed as per sleep setting. The phone screen then shut down again after a few seconds. I used the cable shut down method three more times to reboot and try to beat the screen shut down to get into alarm app to turn off the sleep setting. I managed on third attempt. Serious fault if I needed phone for emergency in that period. Log Sent.
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
scuddzero
Journeyman
Options
It's is a problem with the modes. When they are being used the phone screen will turn off after a few seconds. The sleep setting in the alarm will trigger the do not disturb mode. Which will cause this issue to happen. A standard alarm won't. Been reported a few times now.
0 Likes
AnnaMaz
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hello @chazey2 ,

Sorry to hear that, as already mentioned, it seems that the issue may be caused by modes.
Black screen - Samsung Community - here you can find more info from users about the issue
Thank you for sending the logs, it will help the developer team for sure!

Have a good day!

0 Likes