Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERY URGENT: Android 10 update for Samsung J17

(Topic created on: 10-09-2020 11:17 PM)
Nessy47
Apprentice
Options
Can SOMEONE TECHNICALLY QUALIFIED please tell me when my Samsung J17  4G phone will be able to update to Android 10 please?  I try to update it in the settings software system update tab....

I only bought the phone in 2017 and so we should be able to get these CRUCIAL SOFTWARE OPERATING SYSTEM SECURITY UPDATES UPDATED 1 OR 2 WEEKS OR MONTHS AFTER they have been officially released for updates. My phone keeps saying "no updates available" and "you have the latest android software  installed" which is currently android 9.

Samsung is a Chinese made phone and is it any wonder why there is BIG MISTRUST with OUR DATA regarding 4g &5g between China, THE UK & USA?

Samsung SHOULD BE UPDATING ALL OUR PHONE MODELS THEY BUILD TO THE LATEST ANDROID OPERATING SOFTWARE PROMPTLY ALL OF THE TIME TO MAKE THEM SECURE. They are just as bad as NOKIA and STK for this CRUCIAL FAILURE!

Much appreciated.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
thedon1
Explorer
Options
I have a Motorola and mine was updated Thursday am
0 Likes
PXT
Student
Options
Pretty sure Samsung is actually KOREAN. Also you have a 3 year old J series phone expecting that many updates, manage your expectations a little.
PXT
Student
Options
To actually answer your question though, Samsung's own guidance says "J17+ Oct 2020", every other supported phone has been upgraded.
0 Likes
Jasonseery
Helping Hand
Options
Korean samsung is Korean
0 Likes