Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Unstable cellular connection - Galaxy Book Flex2 5G

(Topic created on: 14-05-2021 06:48 AM)
Mohammed Alghamdi
Apprentice
Options

Hello. I bought this computer "Galaxy Book Flex2 5G" model NP930QCA-KA2UK. I love it so far. But there is a weird problem I'm facing with 5G connection. The connection is not stable. It randomly disconnects then reconnects again. Which is frustrating and make me want to fall back to using WiFi.

Hope you can help me with this problem.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@Mohammed Alghamdi: Hi there. I removed your serial number from your post due to data protection. This could potentially be related to the 5G coverage in your area. Have you tried reaching out to your network, to see if they're able to shed any light on this? If you're in range of a Wi-Fi router, and have Wi-Fi enabled, try disabling it in case the Galaxy Book Flex 2 is reverting to Wi-Fi in periods of low mobile data signal strength. 

0 Likes
Mohammed Alghamdi
Apprentice
Options

Hi @AndrewL. thank you for your response. the 5G signal is super strong in my location. on my Galaxy S21 Ultra, the 5G signal is full and I'm getting 1Gbps downlink & 110Mbps uplink speed. no issues at all. it's just on my Galaxy Book Flex2 5G. Also I happened to be in a remote  area where only LTE connection used to be available, i experienced the same thing. it kept disconnecting and reconnecting randomly.  maybe the firmware/settings of the 5G adapter in my computer that could need a software update to make it more optimized with my carrier. which is Saudi Telecom Company.

0 Likes
Mohammed Alghamdi
Apprentice
Options

Dear support team,

I recorded the issue on video . this pc can't keep a connection for more than few minutes before it drops it. I'm getting more frustrated. the main selling point is 5G but it's not reliable!! 

0 Likes
Solution
Mohammed Alghamdi
Apprentice
Options

Dear Support Team,

I found out the solution for this issue and i will share it for other owners who may encounter this issue.

it was caused by a feature called "Selective Suspend" property in "Advance" Tag in "Samsung Mobile Broadband Adapter" in "Device Manager".

The Selective Suspend Property was set to "Enabled" by default. out of curiosity, I changed the value to "Disabled".

never had any disconnection ever since i clicked "Apply/OK"

This is for your information 

Thanks.

0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

so genius 😎

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes