Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE590_U28e590D Monitor

(Topic created on: 26-09-2020 08:56 PM)
Inverkip_Ian
First Poster
Options

Hi Everyone,

Against my better judgement I purchased the above monitor today.

The setup requires the User to access what they call a "Jog Button".

I am able to display the button (bottom right of screen) but neither touching the screen or clicking with the mouse has any effect on it -- this means I am unable to access all setup items.

I'm running Win 7 Home 64bit SP1 (I refuse to use Win 10).

Can anyone please help to get me going.

Thank you,

Ian

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Inverkip_Ian: If you press the JOG button on the rear panel of the monitor, this will make the Function Key Guide appear on screen. To access the guide, use the direction buttons located around the JOG button, and press the middle button to select. 

0 Likes
Inverkip_Ian
First Poster
Options

Hi AndrewL and thank you for responding.

I can only assume you have not understood my question as I specifically state I am unable to "activate" the jog button, either by touch or mouse -- therefore it is not possible for me to access the guide in the way you suggest.

I have just completed a "Chat" with Samsung Tech Support on the matter and they have declared a hardware fault within the monitor.

I shall be returning the monitor to the Retailer in exchange for another monitor -- which will most certainly NEVER be another Samsung.

Thanks again for your suggestion.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Inverkip_Ian: Apologies for the confusion. My understanding was that you had pressed the JOG button on the rear of the monitor, which had brought up the Function Key guide on screen, and it was the Function Key guide that you were unable to interact with. Is this the case? If so, the manual states to use the direction buttons on the back of the monitor, around the JOG button, to navigate the Function Key guide. For further clarity, please check page 20 of the manual below.

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201906/20190617112114863/BN46-00481B-Eng.pdf

0 Likes
Inverkip_Ian
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your further input but the monitor has already been packed and now awaits the Courier tomorrow.

It's my own fault as I have had so many faulty goods from Samsung over the years, and their Tech Support is absolute rubbish, I promised myself to never by Samsung again. After this I shall be sticking to that promise.

Thanks again.

0 Likes