Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Stereo sound on U28E590 monitor?

(Topic created on: 14-09-2021 04:36 PM)
tonylinde
Apprentice
Options

Is it possible to get stereo sound from the U28E590 monitor? I plugged in speakers and the Windows default did not allow stereo, then I downloaded the driver (v1.0 Apr 14, 2015) and assigned that to the device and that didn't give stereo sound either. Is it not possible on this monitor or is there a newer driver available for Windows 10 that will work?

Thanks.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@tonylinde: Do you have your speakers connected to a PC, or to the monitor itself via the 3.5mm jack? If you have a PC connected to the monitor, have you tried plugging your speakers into the PC and heading to Control Panel > Audio > Speaker > Speaker Setup > Stereo? 

Solution
tonylinde
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, Andrew. I have got the speakers connected to the laptop through the headphones jack and they are working in stereo mode but it'd be better if they could connect via the monitor so I didn't have to switch the speaker cable when I switch laptops on the monitor.

Re:

@AndrewL wrote:

... Control Panel > Audio > Speaker > Speaker Setup > Stereo

I don't have that in my Control Panel. Is this Windows 10? From the top level of Control Panel, I can only see Sound as the relevant option.

*** Ignore all the above ***

I just tried again plugging the speakers into the monitor and it is all working! I guess getting it working via the laptop changed something - fingers crossed it keeps working.

Sorry for the hassle - I really thought I'd tried everything!

Thanks.

AndrewL
Options

@tonylinde: No hassle at all, and I'm happy to hear that you've got it set up to your preference :).