Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space Monitor LS27R750QEUXEN dead pixel and shadow issues.

(Topic created on: 25-10-2020 06:55 PM)
Insanitoots
First Poster
Options

I bought this monitor and I found two dead pixels (they don't really bother me though) and my screen has a shadow on it. After restarting it went away and then came back after a day. I did the monitor driver installer (the software is up to date as well) and restarted and it was okay all day until I went to the kitchen, it went into sleep mode and now the shadow is back. No restart is fixing this. 

It's very frustrating. I would have thought that the backlight is faulty but sometimes it works and sometimes the shadow is there. It almost looks like a software issue. Can I fix this or can I use warranty for this? If not I'll just issue a refund and cry because I liked this monitor so much and even modified my desk for it...

IMG_20201025_183607.jpgIMG_20201025_183838.jpg

Update: I just turned the monitor off and held the button for 5 sec and turned it on now the shadow is gone again xD I'm so clueless.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AsadM
Options

Hi @Insanitoots, sorry to hear that. Let's try going through the troubleshooting steps on this page to determine what actions to take to get this sorted: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/it-repair/

0 Likes
Insanitoots
First Poster
Options

Thank you. I've done the firmware stuff and the troubleshooting and all that. Now it's not a great thing to read this: Our Authorised Repair Partner will attempt to repair your product, whether the fault is something covered by our warranty (an "in warranty repair") or something not covered by our warranty (an "out of warranty repair").

I bought this monitor, set it up just to see I got dead pixels, a faulty backlight that works sometimes (or not, maybe Jesus knows why), the thing randomly goes black for a second or two while I'm using it about once a day.

And there is a chance that someone over there might say that my issue doesn't apply to the warranty and I might have to pay on top of the money I just spent on this thing to make it work like it should have before? Not to mention all the sending it back and waiting for it to return hassles. No, I'm not doing that. Thank you though. I'll just get my money back and buy a monitor that actually works.

0 Likes