Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Odyssey G7 Connectivity Issues

(Topic created on: 05-11-2021 11:41 AM)
AsylumStormy
First Poster
Options

When I turn on my computer and plug in the display port, it says no signal and shuts off after 3 seconds. I have contacted several Samsung support pros and followed their guidelines but got no results. Along with that, I noticed that no one else has a similar problem similar to mine. I believe I found the issue, but it's not fixable. I have an RTX 3090 with G-Sync on, which seems to cause problems for other people. Even when I factory reset the monitor to try and turn it off, it's ineffective. The other solution would be to switch the display ports or connect an HDMI port to the motherboard, but I have tried all of the possible options, and it doesn't work.

Edit 1: This happens to both of my monitors: individually or together.

Edit 2: Another solution is to replace your GPU, which might be faulty. That was my case.

60 REPLIES 60
Ncclar
Student
Options

@pitbullberg wrote:

yep. auto switch on etc. look at this and tell me if i need to change something

I think it looks good (i only speak english). Again if you have it hooked up with display and not HDMI I'm not sure what to tell you unfortunately 

0 Likes
ZombieWorm
Explorer
Options

Did you get any further with this buddy? I have recently purchased this monitor and now experiencing similar issues to you where odd behaviour and I too thought maybe the cable they provide in box just isnt good enough.

However lots and LOTS of threads about the G7 I am now dejected I bought it unless they manage to fix these issues (just had a monitor disconnect mid game and had to power cycle the monitor to get back on the game)!

0 Likes
coldplay5467
Apprentice
Options

Are both monitors G7?

0 Likes
Ncclar
Student
Options

Unfortunately no. I have the G7 monitor hooked up to my PC through a display port and my second monitor through HDMI, and the issue isn't presenting itself, so it's not an issue for me.

0 Likes
Fit_of_Rage
First Poster
Options

FIXED: Attaching the HDMI cable and lowering the refresh rate to 60hz worked!!!

1. Remove Display port cable & Attach HDMI Cable

2. Right click on desktop

3. Select Display Settings

4. Select Advanced Display Settings

5. Select LC32G7xT (Or which ever G7 monitor you have)

6. Change refresh rate to 60Hz

7. Plugin the Display Port Cable again

8. Remove the HDMI cable

9. Done

NOTE: you will have to go back into Display Settings and change the Refresh Rate back to 244Hz.

0 Likes
Rithina
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my new Neo G8 and this method of work around fixes it.. however i got a new workaround where by i will have to install a IGPU HDMI to my monitor and at the same time use my GPU DP port to my monitor to get it works without flipping the switches each time... Hope Samsung can fix their DP standby time issue during PC boot to detect the port for bios...

0 Likes
BrantyGaming
First Poster
Options

after reading these comments after having the same issue myself. i have sorted it and will state the solution to any new readers or current with the situation. monitor was not picking anything up through samsungs own cables and it turns out you keep them in the monitor then access the monitor settings and factory reset. it will be like restarting your pc and monitor now works and in 240hz not 144hz. hope this helps solve your problem

0 Likes
SeanTQ
Apprentice
Options

This is ridiculous that a £500 monitor comes with this nonsense. This has clearly been a problem for two years looking at this and another thread why have Samsung not fix it? ***** Going to have one last go using a cable matters cable that fails it's going back under warranty

coldplay5467
Apprentice
Options

Go to your monitor settings and enable Auto Source Switch. This fixed my problem.

0 Likes
SeanTQ
Apprentice
Options

Already done that but thanks for the suggestion. 

0 Likes