Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Odyssey G7 Connectivity Issues

(Topic created on: 05-11-2021 11:41 AM)
AsylumStormy
First Poster
Options

When I turn on my computer and plug in the display port, it says no signal and shuts off after 3 seconds. I have contacted several Samsung support pros and followed their guidelines but got no results. Along with that, I noticed that no one else has a similar problem similar to mine. I believe I found the issue, but it's not fixable. I have an RTX 3090 with G-Sync on, which seems to cause problems for other people. Even when I factory reset the monitor to try and turn it off, it's ineffective. The other solution would be to switch the display ports or connect an HDMI port to the motherboard, but I have tried all of the possible options, and it doesn't work.

Edit 1: This happens to both of my monitors: individually or together.

Edit 2: Another solution is to replace your GPU, which might be faulty. That was my case.

60 REPLIES 60
azumeee
First Poster
Options

My fix was unplugging it from an extension cord and just straight to the wall socket. My guess is the monitor needs direct power or not sharing other power from other devices but its just a guess. I might just got lucky with the fix. but yes try unplugging it. I also removed any USB connection from my monitor and turned off fast charging.  Hopefully this helps other with the same issue. GL guys. 

ps. this will be my last samsung monitor purchase. NEVER AGAIN! also Samsung agent tried to coax me into buying a new monitor. I only had this monitor less than 2yrs. 

0 Likes