Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Odyssey G7 auto switch inputs doesn't work and takes a long time to turn on. Samsung please fix...

(Topic created on: 10-10-2022 10:01 PM)
LaurenceGough
Pioneer
Options

This monitor still cannot auto switch between inputs, it's a known issue with 100s complaining. As of the latest firmware 1014.1 it still is an issue, you have to manually switch between. This is a feature that £50 monitors can do, but this one over £550 can't.

This monitor also takes a long time to startup, my PC has started long before it's finished turning on.

Model# LC32G73TQSUXEN but it happens with all of the Odyssey G7s and I believe even the G9s.

These are meant to be flagship monitors Samsung....

Edit:

I got a Dell Alienware monitor instead, much better. I wouldn't bother buying Samsung again as they cannot even do simple features on their flagship monitors.

Samsung hardware, always great but the software continuously lets it down.

26 REPLIES 26
LaurenceGough
Pioneer
Options

Any news Samsung? Still there are no updates for this monitor's various faults. 

Auto switch input still doesn't work - factory reset tried and still no different. LED backlights sticking on rarely. Startup time takes much longer than my PC takes to boot from fully shutdown.

Sometimes it fails to detect an input at all even when manually set so you have to remove monitor input power and replug it back in for it to work. 

0 Likes
LaurenceGough
Pioneer
Options

Bumping

0 Likes
LaurenceGough
Pioneer
Options

Bumping

0 Likes
Myphos
First Poster
Options

I have the same observation with my Samsung Odyssey G7 S28AG700NU.

0 Likes
RedSilence
Apprentice
Options

Bumping again as this is ridicules! Get auto source switch on the g7

dHaaq
First Poster
Options

I am so desperate for a fix..

I remember Samsung answering this question in another post saying there is a feature called

Auto Source Switch and Auto Source Switch +

The G7 only has the simpler one which only switches source when you plug in a new cable.

Honestly it's not an acceptable answer and surely this can be fixed with a firmware update.

LaurenceGough
Pioneer
Options

Samsung don't care as obvious by their lack of reply and lack of firmware updates.

My next monitor won't be a Samsung for sure.

LaurenceGough
Pioneer
Options

Any reply Samsung?

0 Likes
MauriceBuiten
Apprentice
Options

Samsung is obviously just ignoring this, and they will keep doing it  long enough until everybody stops caring. 
Big corp tactics, dragging it out and ignoring it.. My next monitor, TV, and mobile phone will NOT be Samsung ever again....

Dontbuynemore
Student
Options

There has to be enough posts online now just to get a class action suit started I imagine. I bought a $700 monitor that cannot switch inputs even though the specs and menu have auto input switching. You can’t just change commonly accepted definitions. Absolutely will never buy another Samsung product again. My flagship TV has lines after a year, this monitor has too many problems outside of false advertising. Here is exactly how many problems I have had with my Apple, Acer, LG and Sony monitors, phones and TVs combined, ZER0. That’s still about ten less than my TVs and Monitor. Why can’t anybody from support acknowledge that they owe people a lot of money or new firmware? So when can those of us with these issues expect a full refund from Samsung?

0 Likes