Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Odyssey G7 27" Wont turn on when manually pushing the buttom

(Topic created on: 16-10-2021 10:53 PM)
Danielbz
First Poster
Options

I've had my Odyssey half a year now, and this morning I could'nt turn it on, even tho the little LED light is on, and when I connect the power adapter there also a short while green light in the corners. Have tried disconnecting the power, and let it rest 15min for the power to run out, and still nothing happened which is kinda wierd, since theres power to it from the blue LED light. Dont know if the power buttom is broken or what, but really out of options now. Sitting here with my 2nd monitor so its not the PC.

Best regards Daniel

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Danielbz 

Did you manage to get this figured out in the end?

0 Likes
Danielbz
First Poster
Options

Not yet, just gonna send it back for repair since im out of options.

0 Likes
kenryubr
Explorer
Options

Hello,

I'm using my Dell G3 with NVIDIA
GeForce GTX 1660 and G7 Odyssey 27'' as a second monitor.
My Firmware was updated to v1011 and NVIDIA drivers were updated too.

I had the same issue. Everytime that the monitor goes off (standby or turned off) and try to turn it on, it turns the lights on, HDMI is recognized but the lights goes off, monitor goes black and even the OSD stops to work.

I realized that It seems to be a misunderstanding between the monitor and the input (windows/nvidia) when turns it on.
The G7 monitor only recognized the input and turned on after I set the refresh rate to 60Hz on Windows advanced video settings or NVIDIA Control Panel.
Different from that, it only turns on if I unplug and plug HDMI again.

You can set to 144Hz after that, but when it's turned off, I always have put it back to 60Hz on Windows/NIVIDIA or unplug/plug HDMI to turn it on.

I don't know if it's either a Samsung's firmware problem or NVIDIA's driver problem.

0 Likes