Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Magician version 7.1.0 update

(Topic created on: 31-03-2022 09:02 AM)
SRS76
Navigator
Options
I'm using a 9th gen intel desktop pc with 3 samsung 870 evo ssd and 970 NVMe, samsung Magician version 7.0.0 loads up and scans drivers fine, before had a pop up with newer version of Magician 7.1.0 updated to that and now it's just stuck on scan drivers and won't move past that to get into the Dashboard. 

I've just downgraded it back to version 7.0.0 and it's back to working way it should be.
44 REPLIES 44
tonybony
Journeyman
Options

I have an 11th gen 11700 and a 980 pro with the same problem. I just used the USB/ISO route to update the firmware. Looking around there seem to be lots of people with issues with Magician. I have removed it for now.

0 Likes
Hayden_LI
First Poster
Options

I had asus Z690-G WIFI.I had the same problem as you after upgrading 7.1.0 this morning. Fortunately, I experienced it once before. The specific problem was that I was using 7.0.1 at that time, and I installed Intel Rapid storage technology driver, and then I couldn't find my 980Pro. I turned on the rapid option as ON in the BIOS and saw my 980Pro in the Maigician. Remember to see the Rapid option on the first page of the EZmode mode on the mainboard.

0 Likes
tonybony
Journeyman
Options

I don't recall doing that but anyway for now I will leave Magician as I have updated the firmware.

0 Likes
CorsSmorenburg
Student
Options

Yep, same here. 7.01 runs fine. After update to 7.1 it never completes "scanning for drives"

Members_RW4X7JZ
Student
Options

Same here, error when Magician starts. Alas, not having the previous version handy, can not find it here nor shows on any other site when googling. 
Any of you guy have a link to previous version?

TIA!

0 Likes
John Customer
Journeyman
Options

Are your bug reports using about version 7.1.0.770  ?     I can't tell if 770 is the only 7.1.0.x version or perhaps it's a fix.      I have been using previous version 7.0.1.630 which seems bug-free.      870 QVO 1TB

0 Likes
tonybony
Journeyman
Options

Try this link to ver 7.0.0.510 which is the only one I had on this system:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ux9uurszc9y4465/Samsung_Magician_Installer_Official_7.0.0.510.zip?dl=0

DocratesCR
First Poster
Options

Updating by Samsung Magician to 7.1.0 and it's not detecting all my Samsung drives. Not sure if it's 7.1.0.770. Rol back to previous one and it's working fine.

0 Likes
John Customer
Journeyman
Options

The exact version number can be via file properties of SamsungMagician.exe ,  probably located in folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Samsung Magician\SamsungMagician.exe".   My file version says 7.0.1.630.   This is good.     I'm not installing the buggy 7.1.0.X