Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung G9 Odyssey issues 1. popping sound & 2. goes to standby

(Topic created on: 18-01-2021 10:42 AM)
superultrawideowner
Apprentice
Options

I have been trying to get in touch with you via online chat and phone call for approximately a month now, but never get through on Swedish support line (waited for 45 minutes, incredible!) and always says no staff available in chat.

My monitor Samsung G9 model LC49G95TSSUXEN has the popping sound issue. It occurs for approximately one hour after the monitor is turned on and approximately one hour after it is turned off.  The frequency of the pop is approximately every five seconds there will be a pop from the back side of the panel. This sounds a lot like static electric discharge. Never heard this from any electric device before and I have a lot of electric devices as I am quite geeky. This is quite bothersome as the monitor is in my bedroom. This started about 3-4 days after purchase when I set picture mode to High Bright. After that it never stopped even after I set picture mode back to Custom. Increasing Brightness causes popping to begin anew and become more frequent. Seems like an overheating issue?

Additionally, the monitor will go into standby mode by itself while in use. It seems like it does not understand that there is a signal on. I have two computers plugged into it (DisplayPort + HDMI) and the issue occurs on both. One is a Windows PC and the other is a MacBook Pro. So the issue cannot be related to PC, driver or faulty cable. I also checked in menu settings that no standby/powersaving is enabled. Yet it will sometimes popup that it will soon power down unless I press it. Seems like faulty firmware?

Firmware version is latest (1008.1).

I paid a lot of money for this monitor so I expect it to work flawlessly and have good & quick support. Please let me know your fix.

14 REPLIES 14
Futurewiz
Student
Options

I'm having this same issue. I'm used to it, but it's definitely not something that makes me comfortable.  It sounds like a 'house noise'.  Just a pop that sounds more like a crack than a pop.  It happens more often when the brightness is up.  I keep the brightness around 15-20 (or less) because this monitor could light up a warehouse.

0 Likes
alesk76
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have the same isue with my monitor LS49AG950NUXXU .. from the begining... like yours it poping\clicking\ like cracking something in sidesomething inside  it doing in intervals.. if I use a stand or if I use on wall... something inside of it... Im glad 😞 that Im not lonley in this matter ... 

please for help because this monitor wasnt cheap... 😞 and I use it in Pro purpose... 

also my friend who have 49curved one model back tells me that it have the same isue with it... it has to be something serial.. I work in IT for 36years and we represent also PHILIPS and AOC... I ask service guy from our firm to come and see this problem and he was just smile ... and say to me that it has heard for that problem with Samsung Curved 49 models ... something cracking inside ... 

please for replay what to do Im from Slovenia... 

0 Likes
alesk76
Apprentice
Options

hi,

just to tell .. after Samsung service  (all best to service guy and me who spend with him many of hours of my time) try to exchange 2x diplay (and all electronics and also back cover )  at my monitor... first time I get rma display new revision but it was some dust behind the glas in the midle of screen (the picture was OK and  no poppkin as before every 30s)... they come back with new diplay but it was like my fist one the first revison... the picture sucks again...  then I had everithing enaught and I have say that after so many services and spending so much my time... I want new monitor.... and I get it brand new in box latest revision.. as I have check on model numbers .... this one is OK no poppins sounds... the pictures is top ... and when i have touch it I had a fealing that the plastic back is diferent as it was in the first one.... my opinion...  I have lost 20h+ and I had 1 year defective monitor  at home for 2000€ (not to mentioned I get glases during this time.. I was working on this monitor 1 year) ... I should get some reword  from Samsung for that.... 

best regards and a lot of health to all 

0 Likes
mike2356
First Poster
Options

Similar sounds were coming off my Neo G9 and then one day the screen cracked in the middle. It's a perfect vertical line of dead pixels. After trying to get it replaced or repaired for 5 months, it looks like Samsung won't repair or replace so I'm left with a $2000 paperweight on my desk... Shameful. I spent over 20 hours on the phone and had to open 6 different repair tickets because they kept canceling them for bullshit reasons e.g. 'we couldn't reach you' when I was calling them every day. 

0 Likes
StuMoz
First Poster
Options

This is the case with me too. The monitor is the LC49G95T. Bought on Friday (2 days ago). The crackling and popping happens when I have HDR turned on in windows. Literally as soon as I turn HDR off the popping and crackling stops. It’s on 120Hz

0 Likes