Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung G8 after sleep fails to find displayport

(Topic created on: 11-02-2023 03:51 PM)
ebilcake
Explorer
Options

Is there a fix for this? Seems kinda stupid having to force power off and restart the PC to get the monitor to see the PC again.

Turned off the option to turn off the monitor for now in power settings, but it's OLED so ideally I want it to turn off after  15 minutes of no activity. 

73 REPLIES 73
Humoud
First Poster
Options

I think you might wait for new update. Keep your eyes on their website because sometimes your monitor will take few weeks to get the update, so it's better to check their website for fast update and flash it using type c usb.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/?model=N0054075&modelCode=LS49AG952NNXZA

0 Likes
Pts
Journeyman
Options

LOL my g8 was just way out of date, as the onboard update service didn't work. Needless to say version 1604 has solved the issue for me!

0 Likes
SuperDenton
Journeyman
Options

I am on version 1604 and I still have this issue.

0 Likes
KonyPL
Explorer
Options

I have a good opportunity to buy this monitor from Samsung, but now I am not so sure about it...

0 Likes
Pts
Journeyman
Options

It is a very good display and the sleep issue is resolved in the latest update.

0 Likes
KonyPL
Explorer
Options

eh, it sold out 😞

0 Likes
MalteSki
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I just bought this monitor and my issue with it is that it always crashes my MacBook (connected via USB-C) when the Mac is in sleep mode. If the Mac is turned off, the display forces the Mac to boot up.

The DP is connected to my Windows (no known issues) but my Windows never enters sleep mode cause it starts to beep when it’s asleep.

My primary Monitor was a LG Dual Up, which is now my secondary. Never had any issues that the power delivery via usb-c crashed my Mac only with the G8.

0 Likes
Humoud
First Poster
Options

What is your g8 current firmware version?

0 Likes
MalteSki
First Poster
Options

Oh my bad, I‘m running 1604.

At the moment I’m running a few tests:

#1 Game Mode disabled, Mac goes to sleep automatically aswell as the g8 (it’s been 2.5h so far without a crash), will test it later for a longer period.

My guess for now is that the game mode is causing the crashes. After the longer period I’ll be testing the same but with game mode enabled.

#2 Putting the Mac manually in sleep mode (this is what I regularly do) without/ with game mode activated.

#3 Turning of the G8 and activating the sleep mode on Mac again without and with game mode active.

0 Likes
Humoud
First Poster
Options

Try to re update firmware

Also try to set Nvidia bit color from 8 to 10 (Nvidia control panel->Display->Change resolution)

Also maybe try to get HQ typec cable

0 Likes