Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung CLP-325W printer gives "Printer in Use" message

(Topic created on: 10-05-2017 12:02 PM)
Ron83m
First Poster
Options

For the past couple of weeks, my Samsung CLP-325W printer gives "Printer in Use" message and won't print from my Mac (running Sierra). I have to unplug and restart and oftern have to restart my Mac to get the printer to work and then only for a few minutes when it reverts to "Printer in Use" message.

Any suggestions how to sort this problem?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JordanH
Pathfinder
Options

Hey @Ron83m.

The printer will need to be removed and then re-installed.

If you are using a USB cable between the printer and Mac then remove this connection. Go to the Apple Icon in the top left, System Preferences, Printers and Scanners, then click on the printer to remove and press the '-' (minus) button. Then connect the printer back to the Mac with the cable and it should automatically re-add.

If you are using the printer wirelessly do the same thing, except for when you are re-adding. In this instance, click the '+' (plus) button and then the Mac will search the wireless network for the printer. Click on the printer name when it appears  then add this.

Try printing once you've done all this. 

Let us know how it goes. 
0 Likes
Ron83m
First Poster
Options

I did this and it worked for the first document then it said "Printer in Use" and failed to print.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Ron83m

Remove the printer as in the previous instruction, then go to the 'Search' icon in the top right of your Mac and search for 'Printer Software Uninstaller' and open up this software. Proceed through the software (only 4 steps) ticking only the options that are named something like 'CLP-32x series' or 'CLP-325' or 'Universal Print Driver' and uninstall these. This will uninstall any drivers that may be associated with the printer.

Once this has been done go to Google and search for "Samsung Printer Software Installer". Download and open the installer. Then proceed through with the USB cable connected  and choose a wireless connection, then on the next page 'Using a USB Cable'. The printer should be detected and you will be asked what software you want to install. Install the printer driver only (shown as the printer name/model). Click through the rest of the installer and remove the USB cable once complete (if printing wirelessly).

Once this has been done you will need to re-add the printer as described in the previous steps.

Let us know how you get on.
0 Likes