Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 980 pro doesn't perform as expected.

(Topic created on: 23-02-2021 03:18 PM)
vintologi
First Poster
Options

This is very disappointing, i earlier returned the sabrent rocket 4 plus but samsung 980 pro wasn't much better (maybe +30%) in terms of sustained write speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1ZSNZdHd8E

sustained write: 0.92 GiB/s (not even close to the specifications).

Not sure if the issue is software (samsung has still not provided a proper driver for it) or if it is some hardware issue like how adata screwed over their costumers.

I would prefer not having to return another SSD.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
TehSpyKeeR
Explorer
Options

A New update of the firmware for the 980 Pro finally correct the problem ! 

Need to Open/Close Magician multiple times to get the Update on it.

Last Magician Software update on middle of march, implemented the "Full Power Mode" function, and i left enabled it (Which makes my 980 Pro hotter, without performance gain)
But the firmware update won't works with it, every time i get an error on updating firmware.
I disabled the Full Power Mode function, restart, and after a reboot, i finally get the update working.

Now i'm on the 3B2QGXA7 Firmware and my Speed is finally correct, hope, it will stay like that!

TehSpyKeeR_0-1620120278369.png

By SpyKeeR on S20 Ultra 5G
0 Likes
harrysmith0
Apprentice
Options

Do you know how to install this firmware update in a RAID setting? I have 2X 1TB 980 PROs in RAID 0. Most of the Samsung Magician features are not supported. e.g. if I select 'Diagnostic Scan' it reports 'The selected drive does not support this feature'. If I click Update it only says 'You are currently running the latest version of Magician' (which does nothing). Underneath that is a dark grey empty rectangle rather than a link to download firmware. However, it doesn't say 'The selected drive soes not support this feature'.

I have downloaded the firmware update from the link in the website rather than use the Magician software, which is an iso image. But I am not sure what to do next.

0 Likes