Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odyssey G9 Neo Slow to Wake Up

(Topic created on: 03-03-2022 11:49 AM)
paulmh5
Journeyman
Options

I've recently got the G9 Neo and while the screen seems good the firmware underneath is woeful.

One of the issues I have, when connected via HDMI the monitor seems to take an age to wake from sleep.  If I lock the PC and windows turns the display off after 60 seconds, then I come back and try to unlock it takes so long to wake up the PC thinks its disconnected.  This means all my windows shift back to one side to fit into a standard HD resolution.

I've tried this on 2 PCs and with various cables/ports.  Does anyone else have this issue or know if there is a solution as it kinda defeats the point in having the screen res if I have to keep rearranging the windows.

49" Odyssey Neo G9 

4 REPLIES 4
whatever123
Student
Options

Hi there, just wondering if you found anything to help it wake up faster. Same issue for me unfortunately. 

0 Likes
paulmh5
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately not.  Tried USB-C to HDMI (because for some reason this monitor doesn't have USB input???) as well as native HDMI ports with no luck.  Updated to the latest firmware and still no difference.

0 Likes
whatever123
Student
Options

Thanks for your reply. I’m using a new MacBook Pro and have found that if I try to wake up the computer/screen while the laptop is closed the computer actually crashes and reboots which wasn’t initially obvious to me, this made it look as though the screen were taking ages to start up. I have a new thunderbolt dock on its way for my setup so will see how this changes things. 

0 Likes
paulmh5
Journeyman
Options

I'm using it on a thunderbolt 3 Lenovo dock and I think that adds a bit of a layer between the monitor and the laptop so it doesn't seem to be aware of the lag.  What I do get is screen tearing on wake up sometimes (seems to be another common fault) which is why I was trying a direct hdmi into the laptop.

0 Likes