Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

No sound while connecting the Samsung Odyssey G95NC 57" monitor to a MacBook Pro M3 Pro with a HDMI cable

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
Won Ton
Apprentice
Options

I have connected a Samsung Odyssey G95NC 57" monitor HDMI1 port to an Apple MacBook Pro M3 Pro HDMI port with the HDMI cable come with the monitor. Everything works fine. I got full resolution 7680x2160@120Hz with HDR support.

Except that I get no audio from the monitor while I select the audio output to Odyssey G95NC on the Sound Pane of the System Preferences.

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 17.08.20.png

I have already updated the firmware of the monitor to M-C9557GGPA-1005.3[95B1] downloaded from https://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_UK&OriginYN=N&Model....

The macOS version of the MBP is 14.4.1 (23E224).

Please help.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
I am pretty sure that monitor doesn't have speakers built in to it, which would explain the no sound. Check the specs but pretty sure I am right.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you increased the volume on your monitor? How about your laptop? Sounds stupid but worth a try. Also have you tried a different cable?
0 Likes
Won Ton
Apprentice
Options

@TechZilla Yes, both up and down, several times.

0 Likes
Solution
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
I am pretty sure that monitor doesn't have speakers built in to it, which would explain the no sound. Check the specs but pretty sure I am right.
Won Ton
Apprentice
Options

Oh, you are right! I have overlooked it. It is very confusing as there is sound volume control in the monitor!

Thank you. Have a fabulous day!

TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
No worries, I have an Oled G9 49inch with built in speakers but I don't use them, I use some nice JBL desk speakers which sound much better, so you are not missing out trust me 😁