Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magician 7.1.0 not initializing

(Topic created on: 30-03-2022 05:30 PM)
spearson0
Explorer
Options

When trying to update to 7.1.0 of Magician I get the following message.

Screenshot 2022-03-30 112611.png

I tried reinstalling v7.0.1 and upgrading three times now and still receive the same message.

I currently have an Evo 850 SSD installed in a Dell Optiplex 960.

Let me know if you need additional information.

77 REPLIES 77
spearson0
Explorer
Options

@Poohbear300  What's interesting is that mine is set to automatic and haven't received the message so far.

It seems each machine is different where the delayed start works for you and mine I can leave as automatic.

0 Likes
Ed Schramm
First Poster
Options

It's really a great SHAME to the Samsung Team and also the negative marketing image, that's because Samsung didn't provided yet a solution to Samsung Magician® fail to initialize  and users are maddly trying to find old versions to solve the ISSUE.

I have a NMVE 970 EVO Plus installed on my Intel NUC5i7RYH and when i disable the USB header, I lose my 

Bluetooth support (Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC7265) and "magically" the application loads normally.

So, I think that the Samsung Team MUST put more effort to solve that.

If I enable my bluetooth, Samsung magician fails to load.

...ok guys, here's one clue now, please find a solution...

0 Likes
Ed Schramm
First Poster
Options

Realmente uma vergonha pro pessoal da Samsung assim como o marketing negativo, já que a Samsung não conseguiu sanar esse erro que impede a carga do programa dela inicializar, e pior: São os usuários que estão tentando resolver  a questão.

Tenho um NMVE 970 EVO Plus instalado no meu KIT Intel NUC5i7RYH e quando desabilito o USB header, eu perco o suporte ao Bluetooth (Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC7265) mas então, "magicamente" o aplicativo carrega normalmente.

Então eu acho que o time da Samsung deve colocar mais esforço para resolver esse problema.

Se eu habilito o meu Bluetooth (habilitando o USB header),  Samsung Magician não carrega e apresenta a mensagem de erro.

...ok pessoal: Taí uma pista pra pensar, por favor corrijam a incompatibilidade gerada após a atualização...

"Gosto muito da Samsung, tenho muitos produtos e ainda confio na marca mas o pós venda, suporte entre outras  coisas está deixando muito a desejar..."

Não traduzi isso acima para o inglês mas se não houver uma resposta em breve, postarei em Italiano e Alemão  em vários sites de renome para discutirmos as políticas de qualidade e as que tratam do consumidor, OK?

0 Likes
Ed Schramm
First Poster
Options

Same problem with my daughter's notebook,  Samsung RF411-SD1BR and a SSD 750 EVO. After updating and rebooting, I had the same issue: Fail to load Magician application.

Mesmo problema com o notebook da minha filha,  Samsung RF411-SD1BR e um SSD 750 EVO. Depois de ter atualizado e reinicializado, tive o mesmo problema: Fail to load Magician application.

0 Likes
Rudi1965
First Poster
Options

I had this error directly after the last update.
at first i thought ok, i did something wrong. but as i can read here, it is up to samsung. a hint when the problem is fixed would be helpful, or you roll back the update. but ignoring the users is just the worst idea and also service.

als lösung, muss ich einen restart machen, dann ist der fehler bis zum nächsten restart behoben.

sorry if my english is bad

0 Likes
holesfiller
First Poster
Options

The same problem for me. And I can't install 7.0.1 because I receive the messagge "A vulnerability has been found the setup will be closed"

0 Likes
TheAndyMac
First Poster
Options

I've had this issue - but now can't even Uninstall Samsung Magician as it comes up with a really helpful (not) error during the uninstall process "Uninstallation failed. Please try again"

0 Likes
Tax Man
Apprentice
Options

Did you try installing it again from scratch and then uninstalling?  

0 Likes
TheAndyMac
First Poster
Options

Yes, found a v7.1.0 installer on a trusted site and installed this - uninstall still failing with same error 😞

Really concerning issues about quality! We need to have either detailed manual uninstallation instructions (registry, files, services, etc.) or a script/removal tool to clean up the software.

0 Likes
Tax Man
Apprentice
Options

Have you tried uninstalling in safe mode?  

0 Likes