Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magician 7.1.0 not initializing

(Topic created on: 12-05-2022 04:23 PM)
spearson0
Explorer
Options

When trying to update to 7.1.0 of Magician I get the following message.

Screenshot 2022-03-30 112611.png

I tried reinstalling v7.0.1 and upgrading three times now and still receive the same message.

I currently have an Evo 850 SSD installed in a Dell Optiplex 960.

Let me know if you need additional information.

77 REPLIES 77
TheAndyMac
First Poster
Options

That actually did work - thanks - too many times I've hit this with other software, it doesn't fix it so I'd forgotten to try this. 

0 Likes
Jacksons
First Poster
Options

Thanks. Worked for me. However when I end Magician and then check processes there are 5 entries for Magician!  

0 Likes
Rudi1965
First Poster
Options

There was an update this morning. 7.1.1. and after the update the known error did not occur. But the reading of the hard disk would not end. I shut down the process. then I restarted the software and the readout was normal again. -------I have translated with machine, sorry.

0 Likes
spearson0
Explorer
Options

It looks like Samsung released version 7.1.1 and it seems to be stable and working for me.

Can anyone else report how version 7.1.1 is performing for them?

0 Likes
TheAndyMac
First Poster
Options

I've just installed 7.1.1 on one of my machines and will see how it goes over the next few days. So far so good, but from memory the issue did not occur straight away after 7.1.0 was installed. Will update forum on Monday or Tuesday to say if still ok at that point.

0 Likes
RandomTox
First Poster
Options

Still the same problem here. It will instal. But after starting it (manually), I can see in taskmannager that it shuts down immediately.

Installed the old 7.0.1 version over it. That version still works like a charm.

0 Likes
TheAndyMac
First Poster
Options

7.1.1 still working fine for me today (a few days running) on this PC with a SATA based 2.5" Samsung SSD, so will now also try on my other machine which has an M.2 NVMe Samsung SSD to see if OK on that as well --- UPDATE 17/05 after a day, 7.1.1 seems fine on the NVMe drive as well.

0 Likes
deuXmartini
First Poster
Options

I’ve encountered the same problem, I previously ran the version 7.0.1 which I updated to the 7.1.1 later, no problems, only when I first installed 7.0.1, I had to reboot as it was infinitely scanning for the drives. Then I changed the system drive from Samsung 860 EVO 1TB mSATA to a 2TB model, cloned the system drive using Samsung Data Migration software, and then suddenly I was unable to open Samsung Magician, I tried to reinstall, then I uninstalled it, removed all the entries I could find in the registry, installed again, and I found out I am able to run the versions 6.2.1 and 6.3.0, when I upgraded it to the 7.0.0, I get this “failed to initialize application” message. Though these old versions of Magician don’t let me run benchmark, diagnostic scan, overprovisioning and performance optimization on this 2TB drive, unfortunately. 😞

0 Likes