cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel i5 and i7 v Apple M2 Chip

(Topic created on: 04-10-2023 11:31 AM)
Options

Dear Samsung Laptop Users.

I have now given up on Samsung Galaxy Book Pros and got a MacBook Air M2.

The Samsung Galaxy Book Pro is a good machine except for the thick chin (Lower bezel) I did own two.

Its major weakness is the Intel Chip, battery hungry, heat generating, sending message back home, etc. It never ever seems possible to stabilise it (Like the Apple M2).

I know its a big move from Intel/Win 11 to Apple/Mac but I have found that the MacBook Air M2 coupled to Safari, Calendar, Mail, etc provides a seamless flow between apps and a 18 hour battery life.

PS. I could never understand why my Samsung Galaxy Book Pro with a i5 1165 chip performed better than my i7 1260. I even tried to ask Intel about the difference in chip performance, but nobody was interested. 

Bob UK

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Time Based Bob  sorry that the Galaxy Book Pros did not suit you in the end but some do rate them.  Anyway hopefully you will be happy in this regard with the other side!  Just one review and obviously they can be speculative but  Galaxy Book pro 3 comes out on top on Design/Eco system and matches well in other categories according to  Laptop Mag.

Admittedly I do not own a Galaxy Book but have a Windows laptop and an older  MacBook air (I do not use the latter much nowadays)

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I wrote a few weeks back regarding an Macbook M1 chip vs my Samsung book2 pro i5, in summary yes Macbook specs are much better, but screen quality, cost, weight and dire O365 integration made me realise the Macbook was not for me.

I think unless you are in the ecosystem and your work is, it's just expensive and a pain vs Windows.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Forgot to say thanks for the i5 vs i7 performance insight, I was tempted by the i7.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes