Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How do I get my scanner to work in windows 10?

(Topic created on: 15-09-2017 01:50 PM)
RicardoVerdi
Student
Options

I have scx-3200 scanner/printer. I've just bought a new (Windows 10, 64 bit) PC. I plugged in the USB & it has installed the printer & it is working. But I can't work out how to scan. www.samsung.com says   "Sorry. We weren't able to find any results for your search" when I search for 3200, or scx-3200, or scx 3200.   Come on Samsung, even if you don't support it, couldn't you at least say "Sorry this product is no longer supported. Splash out & buy a new one" or something. 

So the printer works, but is there a way to install the samsung control panel that I used to have on my old Vista laptop (which died last week)?

Thank you

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
RicardoVerdi
Student
Options
Here's an update. I've manage to get the scanner working with Windows 10. I managed to download something called Samsung Universal Print Driver 2. This gives me a menu including the option to scan It's a bit different to what I'm used to, but the main thing is, it works. What a shame Samsung don't seem to have any mention of it on their website. I had to download the driver from a third party website.
0 Likes
Solution
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hi there @RicardoVerdi,

There is a scanner driver available for download on our website here, however, due to the age of the printer, we cannot guarantee compatibility with Windows 10.

There is another option you could try, however there is a chance that the software is too new for the printer. But if you'd like to give it a go, you can try printing using the Easy Document Creator scanning software, which can be downloaded here.

Click "Install Software Only" at the bottom of the home page, then you should see the Easy Document Creator. When asked to select your printer model choose type: colour multifunction and model: SL-C460W. This will then bring up a list of software - select EDC and install it. 

Telbakiroglu
Apprentice
Options

Can you e-mail to me bro? I will help you. My e-mail adress is ******

AntS
Options

Hi @Telbakiroglu. :robothappy:

Just a quick post to say that I've edited your email address out of your post above to stop you being targeted by spammers etc.

But it's great that you want to help folks out! :thumbsup:

Any tips and advice for solutions please definitely do share with the Community, but if you do need or want to share your email address with folks on here, just send them a PM. :robothappy:

0 Likes
Telbakiroglu
Apprentice
Options

I am always ready for help :smiling-face:

Solution
DataDrivenFP
First Poster
Options

I had same problem, had been working on Win 10, stopped. I tried reinstalling printer multiple times, installed new  driver,  reboot, power cycle, etc- no good.   I had had the 3.12.13 driver, not the 3.13.12 driver FWIW

1. Windows Scan/Fax worked when the Samsung Easy Document creator did not.
  2. on the Samsung site  https://samsung-printerdrivers.com/samsung-printer-scx-3400-drivers/  there is also an OCR package.  After installing THAT, for some reason the scanning started working again!!. (and OCR, tho not very well.)

So two ways that might work.  Good luck!!

0 Likes
andrejk
First Poster
Options

I also have Samsung SCX 3205 and Windows10.

Printers works correctly, but I still have problems with scanner.

I can scan documents manually using software - "Samsung Easy Documents Creator" but hw button on the printer "Scan to" is not working.

In the past I have been using this printer with Windows XP and button worked correctly.

How to setup scanner to scan with "Scan To" button????

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi all. We advise against using any unofficial sites for updates. As HP now deal with Samsung printers, please take a look at this link.

0 Likes
RAMZAM
First Poster
Options

I AM SO FRUSTRATED BY THIS, MAYBE SOMEONE CAN HELP, I HAVE SAMSUNG M2670FN - NEW OUT OF THE BOX, AFTER 6 MONTH OF WORKING PERFECTLY I DID THE WIN 10 UPDATE - SENSE THEN THE TOP SCANNER (THE ONE USED FOR MULTIPUL SCANS) DONT WORK AND SHOW A MESSAGE NOT AVAILABLE, THIS IS A PAIN BECAUSE WE SCAN LOTS OF PAGES AND GO ONE BY ONE IS USLESS.

TRIED TO UNINSTALL AND INSTALL AGAIN - DONT WORK

ANYONE HAS AN IDEA HOW TO FIX IT

0 Likes