Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Book2 Pro - extremely long boot time (10 minutes+)

(Topic created on: 05-06-2022 07:11 PM)
Rick_Tad
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

My 2 month old Book2 Pro is taking an extremely long tome to boot on either a cold boot or a restart - it takes at least 10 minutes to reach the desktop screen (once there everything is fine).  During startup the blue 'Welcome' screen is displayed until the desktop is finally displayed.

I've done a CHKDSK, Scandisk and SFC (all OK), cleaned the registry and done several system restores but the Boot still takes an age (when new it started in a matter of seconds).

The most likely cause would seem to be the following based on the 'Problem Report' log.....

Description
Faulting application name: backgroundTaskHost.exe, version: 10.0.22000.1, time stamp: 0xfe3e559a
Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.22000.593, time stamp: 0xa5a9468c
Exception code: 0xc000027b
Fault offset: 0x000000000010a594
Faulting process ID: 0x1f9c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d872d235f19462
Faulting application path: C:\windows\system32\backgroundTaskHost.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\twinapi.appcore.dll
Report ID: 653e52fb-c490-4874-ba25-8dd537b12520
Faulting package full name: SAMSUNGELECTRONICSCO.LTD.SamsungWelcome_2.1.15.0_x64__3c1yjt4zspk6g
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

The culprit seems to be SamsungWelcome_2.1.15.0 (which is presumably involved in the Boot process).

However, I can find now way to address the problem, any ideas????

Thanks in advance,

Rick

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you done a full factory restore where everything is removed and it is put back to its original condition.

If your using a program to clean the registry don't install it or clean the registry, There is no reason to touch the registry.
0 Likes
Rick_Tad
Apprentice
Options

Yes - I've come to that conclusion - just completed the reset and it has fixed the problem (and given me a lot of work to do!!)

Cheers,

R

0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Glad to hear it's working again, registry cleaners cause more problems than they will ever fix, they should be banned actually.

Same with all these paid for security programs, there is no need as windows has its own built in with no cost involved.
0 Likes
Members_xKxpXi2
First Poster
Options

I had a slightly different problem with SamsungWelcome_2.1.15.0_x64__3c1yjt4zspk6g.

I was getting a repeating critical warning in RH that backgroundtaskhost.exe could not be started.

Found in the registry it was linked to the the Galaxy Book Experience App.

Deleted the app and all is well.

0 Likes