Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Book S Intel - backlit keyboard does not work

(Topic created on: 27-12-2020 06:27 PM)
Jangles
Pioneer
Options

Hi. I just bought a new Galaxy Book S Intel, arrived today. Delighted!

One issue I can't solve yet - the keyboard backlighting does not work. I have run Samsung Updates and installed all app updates offered. Also Windows Updates. The PC is now as updated as it can be! Yet pressing Fn+F9 does not produce any backlight. It does cycle through the illumination percentage options as per the popup on the screen, so the functionality is good.

Info on  the Samsung UK website is a bit sparse. I did find a helpful page on the Samsung US site https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109630/#:~:text=If%20you%20have%20a%20backli....

But no joy so far. Does anyone have any insight or suggestions?

Thanks!

18 REPLIES 18
Justinh15
Apprentice
Options
I have same issue! Samsung please fix this!!
the light on my keyboard turns on briefly then turns of and won't come back on! problem seems to be with the sensor as when covered the backlight works
0 Likes
digifish
Journeyman
Options

Didn't you see the solution ( inc pics ) above? Looks like Samsung are not going to update this issue. So put some tape over the ambient light sensor. 

0 Likes
Justinh15
Apprentice
Options
That's not my issue! My issue is backlight can be activated but will only turn on when extremely dark! It would be nice if it switch on if the room was dimly lit not total darkness before it activated
0 Likes
digifish
Journeyman
Options

That is exactly why you should cover the light sensor. It is the cause of your problem. Samsung have the wrong calibration. So make it 100% dark all the time. Samsung show no signs of updating this. So fix it as described.

0 Likes
Justinh15
Apprentice
Options
Well I would prefer not to cover the sensor as it will leave backlight on instead of actually sensing the light levels! I just hope Samsung will update firmware so it's more sensitive "fingers crossed"
0 Likes
Members_hRZdKuG
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue. Its a real shame that samsung doesnt fix this.  It says something about their willingness to satisfy customers. Not even an option to turn the sensor off software wise.  Its like they dont give a *****, which makes me furious.

0 Likes
Kimbillie
Student
Options

I've asked Samsung Online Support (S service) app and the only thing to do is go into device manager and disable the light sensor that way. The did it for me, but yeah. The backlight is under my complete control now. No more funny business. I guess this is the best solution until Samsung decide to give us an update of some sort. And to be honest, I don't find that the backlight is too dim.

0 Likes
digifish
Journeyman
Options

Care to post a step-by-step under which setting the light sensor is found?

I see Sensors > HID Sensor Collection V2 , is that it?

0 Likes
Kimbillie
Student
Options
Yh it's that. But I've found that after a while, the issue has come back 😕
0 Likes