Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G9 Neo PIP

(Topic created on: 26-06-2022 03:22 AM)
nathanlejeune
Apprentice
Options

Hi team!

New to gaming monitors (or at least rusty since it's been a while) and I just received my new Neo G9. I am running a Macbook Pro from one HDMI (2.1 8k cables), and a PS5 off the 2nd HDMI. I have ordered a display port cable to run the MacBook Pro (or PS5 - I haven't decided or finished researching which would be best), but with me running 2 HDMI cables, when I go PIP, I get an off-colored/muted color on my PS5. I've tried everything from AV mode, PC mode, and all the color settings that it allows me to and nothing solves the problem when running PIP. 

If I take it off PIP, both sources have the correct colors, but the moment I go PIP, it gives the muted colors on the PS5. Is this an issue with 2 HDMI or am I missing something else here? I've been working on this for a few days now with no luck. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
nathanlejeune
Apprentice
Options

Getting the display port to USB-C fixed the issue. I am able to get the correct colors now when in PIP.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@nathanlejeune: Do you have the PS5 HDMI source selected when you enable PIP, or your Macbook? Have you tried connecting an alternate external device to the second HDMI port, instead of the Macbook, to see if the issue persists? 

0 Likes
nathanlejeune
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the idea of trying something else. I was able to use another laptop (PC) using an HDMI straight to the monitor and it is still doing the same thing. 

I've tried both ways, first using the Mac and then PIP the PS5, and I've also done it the other way. Every time its PIP, it gives these dull muted colors on the PS5. Take it off PIP and the colors are back to normal. 

0 Likes
Solution
nathanlejeune
Apprentice
Options

Getting the display port to USB-C fixed the issue. I am able to get the correct colors now when in PIP.

0 Likes
nathanlejeune
Apprentice
Options

I must have been too quick/excited to think I had this fixed. The color issues are still there when in PIP mode, but they seem to be tied to the Elgato Capture Card. If I go directly to the PS5 to HDMI, it's fine. 

0 Likes
nathanlejeune
Apprentice
Options

Two photos to show what I am battling with. 

The first photo (dull colors) is taken through a capture card into the monitor (which I need for sound and streaming). 

The second photo is straight from PS5 to monitor. 

IMG_4603.jpgIMG_4604.jpg

0 Likes