Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

formatting T5

(Topic created on: 24-09-2021 02:05 PM)
GJMW
Apprentice
Options

I have unfortunately forgotten the password for my new T5 1tb, I have initiated diskpart and then list disk to try and reformat the drive, my problem is that the list shows the disks in numerical order but file explorer list them alphabetically and the volumes show different sizes in both list disk and file explorer I am hesitant, not wanting to delete important information any help would be great

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Dbward87
Explorer
Options
Try booting in safe mode I'd have to look some stuff up and get back to you
0 Likes
Dbward87
Explorer
Options
Best bet is to contact Samsung directly sorry couldn't be more helpful 😪
0 Likes
GJMW
Apprentice
Options

It is a 1 tb drive  and is showing about 41 mb after an overnight format, I am kicking myself for being so stupid, I could reconfigure the drive but may pick the wrong one, I have disconnected all other external drives  it is obvious which one is the boot drive but don't want to lose data from others by making a mistake, thanks for the reply  

0 Likes
GJMW
Apprentice
Options

have you a link to Samsung ?

0 Likes
Dbward87
Explorer
Options
0 Likes
GJMW
Apprentice
Options

I eventually had help from I think Samsung Belgium they were fantastic and dealt with the problem by sending me a link to special software that fixed the problem, I was stupid to not to have written the password down but at the time I was being rushed, won't happen again

0 Likes