Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware update Samsung Odyssey G7 1009.3 the latest version ?

(Topic created on: 08-06-2021 10:14 PM)
Daboineau Eric
First Poster
Options

Hello, 

Today, I have just purchased a samsung odyssey G7 32. I knew i need to upgrade the firmware with the version 1009.3. However, I have checked the installed firmware version.I could see the follow reference

Software version M-TG7700CCAA1010.3

I have tried to find on the web information about this version 1010.3 without success.

The last available 1009.3

My question. 1010.3 is better than 1009.3 or I have to update the monitor with the 1009.3. 

In parallel, I have a couple of issues. so I m aware. A PS4 slim is not the best to use this monitor.

so I m waiting my PS5.... no comments.

actually, I have some flicks and froze. A HDR setting and rendering poor. So it's not terrible. And im sure. We will be fixed it easily.

Sorry for my english

Best regards from Spain.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
1010.3 is newer and applied in the factory for a good reason, don't attempt to downgrade.
0 Likes
darkelf720
Explorer
Options

Hi mate, that's the same version I have.  No issues at all (as described all over the forums - flashing, scanlines etc).  Definitely the best version.  I would say that your PS4 (apologies I use PC so no issues), you need to make sure that you use one of the lower refresh rates and not blast it 240Hz or Fastest Rate.  There are simply a ton of settings to play with mate - try different picture modes - FPS / RPG etc - see what works well with the PS4 - and of course - Google is your best friend :smiling-face: Good luck - you have an awesome monitor - I know, I just bought one too :face-with-tears-of-joy: 

0 Likes
phukon
Student
Options

i get "scanlines" on the monitor from _all_ these links, also in a few games. what is that all about?

0 Likes
Striker333
First Poster
Options

Samsung don't care about customers . this monitor is full of problems .mine have some areas brighter than others and have flickering with gsync and have scanlines and they cant even offer an old firmware to let people trying fixing it 

0 Likes
Piranhax
First Poster
Options

Flickering is due to having gsync on and not turning vrr on in your monitors osd under settings.. with vrr on there will be no more flickering

0 Likes
phukon
Student
Options

Incorrect;

In the OSD, both VRR and Adaptive Sync are on. GSync is also on, set in Windows. 

0 Likes
Piranhax
First Poster
Options

Then you must be doing something wrong, update your firmware its to 1016 i think, my og g7 32 is flawless, minus scanlines with the usual images that make them happen.

0 Likes