Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint scan login no longer working - Windows 11

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
alex_ncfc
Pioneer
Options

Hi all, hoping someone can help.

Ever since I got my Galaxy Book2 Pro laptop (i7, 16GB) I've used the fingerprint scanner to log in to Windows 11 (Windows Hello)

Now for some unknown reason, it is not working for login - the scanner still clearly works, but when I put my finger on it to login, it says "Your PIN is required to sign in". 

I've tried adding more fingers in Windows settings, which works and reads the fingerprint OK, but I cannot log in using this method and have no idea how to fix it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I've noticed that on my Book 3 Ultra. I now press enter then my 4 digit PIN and I'm in it, in only 2 seconds anyway.
I put it down to Windows 11 and not so much Samsung. I couldn't be bothered trying to sort it out. It would be interesting to see if anyone has any idea on how to solve the problem though.
0 Likes
alex_ncfc
Pioneer
Options

Thanks for the input.

I also put in my pin and it takes me straight in, but the fingerprint sensor is something I've become so used to, that putting in a pin feels archaic now, just as it does when using my Galaxy phone. 

I can't think what has gone wrong but there must be a solution, as I say the fingerprint sensor still works, but not with the login process for some reason.